2014 Explorer Sport electrical problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Sport electrical problems

Joe mees

Reaction score
City, State
Huron Sd
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer sport
Not sure if this is in the right spot but I have a 2014 Ford Explorer and I have been having some issues with the electrical or something is going on... I took the car to the dealer and they jacked me around for about 1000 bucks and only fixed the problem for about two weeks...

what happens is some times the anti theft system will go off even though I have the key it will ask me to hit the brake and start buttons and some times that works and some times it doesn’t and I have to disconnect the battery... also it gives me a no key detected but will let me turn on the car and drive it also my heater or ac will not come on or I cannot unlock the doors use my seat setting or heated seats or ac seats my blind spot detection on my mirrors always stay on and ect but the funny thing is that my car is running when it happens and when I turn it off and before I open the door to fully shut it down all those systems work again... any help would be awesome thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Joe.:wave:
Your thread was moved to the Forum.
Have you tried doing a Master Reset? A bad or weak battery can cause a lot of issues but you seem to have more than the usual ones caused by that. What is it that the dealer did? Have you gone back to them to let them know that the problem is back?

Peter

Thank you... the deal ship cleaned out a module bus 350 bucks labor and told me it was fixed then i got in It and nothing was fixed I also got a new key and that was 285 then they replaced a module a easy take out and plug in the part was 100 bucks and they charged me another 200 for labor.... it worked great for the two weeks I had it then today it just when full on bs I have not had a chance to go back to them but the first 350 bucks he seemed really excited for us to take the car off his hands and really upset we went back to him and told him it wasn’t fixed... I am sure they master reset it and just gave it back to me

I'd be after them for misdianosing the problem. You should not be paying for parts thrown at a vehicle that did not fix the problem.

[QUOTE="Joe mees, post: 3764480, member: 346904"....... I am sure they master reset it and just gave it back to me[/QUOTE] I would not assume that it was done unless marked on the invoice. It takes no time to do it yourself although you may lose a few saved settings.

Peter

I would totally agree with you but after they cleaned that bus module they told me they drove it around for 45 mins before I came to pick it up the first time and told me everything was good and me and my wife got in and nothing change from when I droped it off and the guy looked ligeit pissed that we came back in and told him nothing was fixed

I don't know what cleaning the bus module does. Not familiar with that. So what did they say after you told them nothing changed? Perhaps it might be an idea to go for a ride with one of the techs to ensure everyone is on the same page in regards to the issues.

Peter

Back