2014 Explorer XLT Keyless Entry

maryskud

Reaction score
City, State
New Freedom PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLR
Hello,
My son just noticed that he could swipe the keyless entry pad down four times and the car will unlock. I never changed the code from the factory. Anyone else have this issue?

Hello,
My son just noticed that he could swipe the keyless entry pad down four times and the car will unlock. I never changed the code from the factory. Anyone else have this issue?
howdy and welcome to EF! by swipe down, do you mean press all the buttons ie 8/9 6/7 4/5 2/3 0/1? is the fob in range? assuming you have keyless entry where the fob sends signal to car so you dont need to press unlock

My '14 XLT does not have "Intelligent Access" so AFAIK the vehicle does not sense fob proximity for anything, fob only does things when you press the button(s).

Here's what the '14 manual states about IA:

Intelligent Access (If Equipped)

The system uses a radio frequency signal to communicate with your
vehicle and authorize your vehicle to unlock when one of the following
conditions is met:

• You touch the inside of the front exterior door handle.
• You press the luggage compartment button.
• You press a button on the transmitter.

Otherwise, I'd wonder (probably wrongly) if you just happen to have the just right factory code ( 1-3-5-7-9 ??) where swiping the panel, enters that code? What is your factory code?

I don't think the factory code ever gets changed, goes away, I mean it's always going to be there but then you can add (5?) more codes of your choosing. It might be possible to change it with a scan tool and Forscan? I never checked.

Hello,
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
That is not normal and should be checked out. It would leave the vehicle subject to anyone doing the same thing, rare as it may be. FYI, I don't recall any other posts with similar issues.

Peter

Back