2014 Ford Explorer bucket seats to bench seats | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer bucket seats to bench seats

I couldn't find anything on here about anyone that has actually done a swap. I did my own searching. 2011 thru 2016 models are exactly the same as far as how the seats are set up. The only thing different is some of the seat belt connectors. My XLT had the bench 2nd row and was all cloth. You'll need to find yourself a captain chair for the rear driver side. Note that they all come in leather, so it will look slightly odd at first until you redo all the seats. The entire bench has only 2 bolts and 2 nuts holding it in place. Just fold the seat forward and you will have easy access. They are both size 15 ratchet.

After you complete the swap you will notice that the two seats look some what different. The seat behind the front seat passenger will have a sharper edge and not be totally rounded around the shoulder area. That is an easy fix and when you get them all leather out they will adjust it to match the new seat you put in.

To redo all 4 captain chairs to match cost me around $1,100 to leather them out. What year is your Explorer?

I meant a search to buy the seat. I have a 2014

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Were you talking about search on here or the website I linked? If the website then you will put in your year explorer, seat rear (2nd), state, distance and postal code. It will give you all the junkyards that have the parts available. Its a good website and most major junkyards use that system, click enter.

On the second page just change the years from 2011 - 2016

The website you linked. Thank you!

I'd like to purchase a more comfortable driver's seat for my 2014 Explorer. Will seats from the same generation fit? Like seats from a 16 or 17?

I'd like to purchase a more comfortable driver's seat for my 2014 Explorer. Will seats from the same generation fit? Like seats from a 16 or 17?
I can't say for sure if they will fit, but have you confirmed that they are more comfortable? I can't say I've really noticed much, if any difference, comparing my previous 2011 Limited seats to my current 2017 Platinum. I've never sat in the XLT seats. Also, check that the seat airbag configuration is similar.

Peter

Were you talking about search on here or the website I linked? If the website then you will put in your year explorer, seat rear (2nd), state, distance and postal code. It will give you all the junkyards that have the parts available. Its a good website and most major junkyards use that system, click enter.

On the second page just change the years from 2011 - 2016
Do you search for 40/40 or “driver side 2nd row bucket seat”?

Do you search for 40/40 or “driver side 2nd row bucket seat”?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I doubt that you will get a response from the quoted member. He was last seen here on August 21, 2015.
Using his link I did find this using a WA zip code. Search Results

Peter

Back