2014 Ford Explorer bucket seats to bench seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer bucket seats to bench seats

Sophie_XP

Reaction score
City, State
The Woodlands, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Ltd.
Hello everyone!

I'm new here and I can't find the answer to my question ANYWHERE!

Can I replace my 2nd row bucket seats with a bench seat??? Or just a center seat where it's empty? What is the proper name to search for when buying the replacement???

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd like to do the same thing as you but in reverse - switch out my bench seat for another bucket. My limited searching online hasn't really turned up any possibilities.

I'd like to do the same thing as you but in reverse - switch out my bench seat for another bucket. My limited searching online hasn't really turned up any possibilities.

Well we could switch haha you wouldnt happen to be in texas huh?

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and I can't find the answer to my question ANYWHERE!

Can I replace my 2nd row bucket seats with a bench seat??? Or just a center seat where it's empty? What is the proper name to search for when buying the replacement???

Thanks!
FYI, you already have part of a bench seat. The 40% of a bench seat is the same as a bucket. I believe it is the seat on the right side.
Not sure if you can order the other parts through the dealer or not.

Peter

Well we could switch haha you wouldnt happen to be in texas huh?

Close, but no. I'm in OKC. Plus, I think I'd prefer to buy a 2nd bucket and keep the bench so I have both...just in case.

OK, thanks. I guess I should have been a little more clear in my first post about my limited searching. I was actually referring to trying to find a 2nd bucket for sale somewhere online, be it Craigslist, eBay, etc. I appreciate the links, though.

OK, thanks. I guess I should have been a little more clear in my first post about my limited searching. I was actually referring to trying to find a 2nd bucket for sale somewhere online, be it Craigslist, eBay, etc. I appreciate the links, though.

Yes, me too.I shouldve been more clear as well. Maybe we will have luck. I really just want the center seat part since theres a place for the attachments.

I also am not interested in the console that you can buy but thanks Peter

Yes, me too.I shouldve been more clear as well. Maybe we will have luck. I really just want the center seat part since theres a place for the attachments.

I also am not interested in the console that you can buy but thanks Peter
Unfortunately there is no individual 'centre piece' seat. The part that fills that space is part of the '60' section of the bench seat.

Peter

Unfortunately there is no individual 'centre piece' seat. The part that fills that space is part of the '60' section of the bench seat.

Peter

So is it connected to one of the bucket seats? Could i just purchase the side that has it?

So is it connected to one of the bucket seats? Could i just purchase the side that has it?
I suppose you could. Looking at www.fordparts.com it looks like it would be around $1000 and likely more. You might be better off checking with a used parts dealer to see if they can locate what you want.

Peter

I suppose you could. Looking at www.fordparts.com it looks like it would be around $1000 and likely more. You might be better off checking with a used parts dealer to see if they can locate what you want.

Peter

Thanks so much for your help!

Thanks so much for your help!
Here are 2 pictures that might help you see what the 60% looks like. You can see the middle 'seat' is part of the 60. I didn't have access to these photos earlier.

Peter

Attachments

• P1110177_1.JPG
    P1110177_1.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 477
  • P1110178_1.JPG
    P1110178_1.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 571

Here are 2 pictures that might help you see what the 60% looks like. You can see the middle 'seat' is part of the 60. I didn't have access to these photos earlier.

Peter

Ah i see. I did find them new but it would cost over $800. I guess ill ne trying to find it used. I have issues when i try to search for it though. :/

I did the swap.. everything bolted in easily. My only issue was that I have a 2015 model and the seats I purchased from the junkyard are from a 2013 model. The seat belts on the 2013 model do not match up on the 2015. I swapped out the male ends on the 2013 seats with the ones from my bench seat. So far so good.

for seats check out www.car-parts.com I purchased mine from a local shop for $125 each.

I did the swap.. everything bolted in easily. My only issue was that I have a 2015 model and the seats I purchased from the junkyard are from a 2013 model. The seat belts on the 2013 model do not match up on the 2015. I swapped out the male ends on the 2013 seats with the ones from my bench seat. So far so good.

for seats check out www.car-parts.com I purchased mine from a local shop for $125 each.

Thank you! What exactly did you type to search?

Thank you! What exactly did you type to search?

I couldn't find anything on here about anyone that has actually done a swap. I did my own searching. 2011 thru 2016 models are exactly the same as far as how the seats are set up. The only thing different is some of the seat belt connectors. My XLT had the bench 2nd row and was all cloth. You'll need to find yourself a captain chair for the rear driver side. Note that they all come in leather, so it will look slightly odd at first until you redo all the seats. The entire bench has only 2 bolts and 2 nuts holding it in place. Just fold the seat forward and you will have easy access. They are both size 15 ratchet.

After you complete the swap you will notice that the two seats look some what different. The seat behind the front seat passenger will have a sharper edge and not be totally rounded around the shoulder area. That is an easy fix and when you get them all leather out they will adjust it to match the new seat you put in.

To redo all 4 captain chairs to match cost me around $1,100 to leather them out. What year is your Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Were you talking about search on here or the website I linked? If the website then you will put in your year explorer, seat rear (2nd), state, distance and postal code. It will give you all the junkyards that have the parts available. Its a good website and most major junkyards use that system, click enter.

On the second page just change the years from 2011 - 2016

Back