2014 Ford Explorer Rollover Accident | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer Rollover Accident

After owning my brand new Ford Explorer for only 3 months, I was hit on the driver's door and after hitting a fence landed upside down. 4 side airbags for sure deployed and there is a lot of dents and damage to the doors and roof especially above the windshield. No clue about what's going on under the hood but I would assume things shift once it's been on its roof. Surely my insurance will total but I am worried bc my vehicle is so new. Just wondering how costly the bodywork, painting, replacing of airbags, etc will cost. My vehicle will be looked at in the next couple of days so i am hoping and praying it is totaled. I loved my Explorer and would definitely get another one. Any experts out there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah odds are good its going to total.
The fluids in the engine go to all sorts of crazy locations in a roll over, and that is just for starters.
There are some "non repair" structure items that almost certainly were compromised.

Let me know how it goes...

They will total it. Usually any damage to the A pillar results in a total. If you ended up on your roof, you definitely caused structural damage to it.

Do you have pictures of this crash by chance?

all 4 airbags are more of a total. the auction i work at gets cars with pillar damage/repairs all the time. the are structure dmg but not a salvage title. if the repair is done right no structure problems. i just wrote a new civic with both bags blown. replacement of both bags were 17,000 alone

I just did a Civic two bags, a belt w/ pretensioner and a buckle, also replaced the module and the front impact sensor, as well as put a rail in it a baffle a headlight, a new bumper, two bumper brackets, a new bumper cover and repaired the fender and the that whole job was less than 10k.

I just did a Civic two bags, a belt w/ pretensioner and a buckle, also replaced the module and the front impact sensor, as well as put a rail in it a baffle a headlight, a new bumper, two bumper brackets, a new bumper cover and repaired the fender and the that whole job was less than 10k.

that what my software said it was, it was a newer.....2012 i think.....

Back