2014 lucas oil off-road expo | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 lucas oil off-road expo

..For those who are heading out there this weekend, I'll see you all there and be safe..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..It was off the hook this year and it looks like the offroad economy has picked up even though the reat of the economy is still down..

..I ran into DB_1, Stic-o, Zukman, Brian1, and a ton of other people as it was packed and everyone was buying...I myself kept loading the truck up each day but on a mush smaller scale..:D

..I know Froader was heading out there but did not see him..

..Did anyone else head out there and what all did you purchase?

Good seeing you guys out there:thumbsup: This is probably the first year I didn't grab any stickers...I still have a lot from past years that I still haven't used. I tried to refrain from koozie collecting also but managed to grab one from poly performance.

I had a couple planned purchased going into the expo and they happened to be in the same building. Picked up a new OBA hose from Powertank...I have a coiled hose currently but I find it annoying to use since it's always tugging on the valve stem. I got a straight hose which should be nicer to use aside from having to roll it up.

Picked up 3 more rolls of rescue tape to throw in the toolbox for trail repairs. Bought some at last years expo and it seems to work pretty good.

Had one unplanned purchase leaving the expo, I forget the vendors name but they were at KOH also selling off brand winches and accessories. I picked up one of their LED camping lanterns that have 2 "ears" that flip up and twist to any angle you want. I figured for 10 bucks you can't go wrong:D

Finally, went to the Red Bull Straight Rhythm event at the drag strip and it was a good event for the most part. It was just over 100 degrees with no shade and on blacktop so not much relief unless you hung out under the bleachers. The food and drink lines were constantly long...would've liked to see a few more drink (water, gatorade, etc.) only vendors.

Actually didn't buy anything. ...was looking for a new tow strap, but wasn't happy with what I found. Also wasn't ready to drop $200 for a Bubba rope:eek: I was also looking for a Y strap, but no one makes a generic one, they are all custom. I was told ORW had Mastercraft make a bunch, but I couldn't find them at the show:(

I did go home and order a new stereo for the SD though:D

..The after show release..

2014 LUCAS OIL OFF-ROAD EXPO POWERED BY GENERAL TIRE WRAPS-UP BUSY WEEKEND AT FAIRPLEX

POMONA, Calif. (October 8, 2014) – The 2014 Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo powered by General Tire drew more than 67,000 fans to Pomona on October 4 and 5, up more than three percent over last year. Fans braved the Southern California heat to check out the hottest collection of off-road vehicles, products and accessories. From Red Bull motocross trials to hands-on off-road ride and drives, the annual event showcased 325 exhibitors, seven interactive demos and more than 10 acres of hands-on off-road fun, at Fairplex.

“The weekend was packed with off-road enthusiasts from all over the country and we are thrilled with the increased fan and exhibitor turnout this year,” said Off-Road Expo Marketing Manager Jessica Kirchner. “Both attendees and exhibitors were extremely pleased with this year’s event and we’re all looking forward to next year’s expo, set to take place October 3 and 4, 2015.”

In addition to the latest in off-road vehicles and accessories, attendees enjoyed a Rubicon Trail off-road ride along experience with professional drivers in Pro Comp, Rubicon Express and Smittybilt Jeeps equipped with the latest performance accessories, Red Bull Athlete and 10-time AMA Champion Geoff Aaron riding motocross trials; DragonFire Racing Ride Alongs; KYMCO Ride & Drives; Horizon Hobby "Try-Me" RC Track; and more.

“Off-Road Expo is truly one of the greatest collections of off-road companies in the world and it has grown by leaps and bounds every year that General Tire has been involved as the powered by sponsor,” said Continental Tire North America Senior Manager of Events, Gregg Vandermark. “We experienced increased traffic over the weekend at our display, as well as a tremendous response to our General Tire giveaway promotion, which was a huge success.”

The 2015 Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo powered by General Tire will take place Saturday, October 3 and Sunday, October 4, 2015, at Fairplex, located at 1101 W. McKinley Avenue in Pomona, Calif. For more information, visit www.OffRoadExpo.com. Follow the Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo at www.facebook.com/OffRoadExpo, www.twitter.com/OffRoadExpo and Instagram at #offroadexpo1.

Good seeing you guys! I just got back from my California tour late last night.

I had intentions of buying 2 things at the show but didn't get either. No big deal, I will get them later as they were both small items. I will be upgrading my Bend-Tech software after talking with them at the show.

I was at the show all day Saturday and then only for a few hours Sunday. Had to run an errand to Simi Valley Sunday morning. Best part was finding myself outside at the Fox booth at the close of the show and all the desert trucks, short course truck, sand car and Campbell's Ultra 4 fire up at the same time and drive off.

And Stic-o, I used a Bubba Rope again this week several times and I am still impressed with it - both the quality and the way it works. I Looked at the Voodoo ropes closely at the show and I don't think they are that great.

...Care to share what all you were doing out here in the California desert using Bubba ropes?..:D

Back