Interior - Black/Sienna
Dual Panel Moonroof
Nav
All Weather Mats
Splash Guards
Cargo mat
Dee Zee Running Boards

Can't wait to track progress...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Placed my order Saturday

Estimated delivery 6 to 8 weeks!!!

2014 Explorer Sport - Pkg 401A
Exterior Tri Coat Platinum White
Interior - Black/Sienna
Dual Panel Moonroof
Nav
All Weather Mats
Splash Guards
Cargo mat
Dee Zee Running Boards

Can't wait to track progress...
Welcome to the Forum :wavey:.
Congratulations on your order. I have the same exterior colour but have the light stone interior. Seeing as how you are here in Ontarion, I would highly recommend getting the Husky or Weathertech liners. They are much superior to the all weather mats. The Husky actually cover more of the carpeted area for the front, right over to the door sill. Here is a pic of my driver's side liner. These are almost like tray. When I get melted slush and snow water in them I just carefully remove it and dump the water.

Peter

Attachments

• P6250349a.jpg
    P6250349a.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 444

Thanks guys.

Peter, they threw them in for free so i took them. I have been looking at the Husky and Weathertech liners but cannot decide which ones to buy. I like the fact that the Husky cover the foot rest and the carpet by the scuff plate. I like the look of the Weathertech's as well;)

Where did you purchase yours from?

Thanks guys.

Peter, they threw them in for free so i took them. I have been looking at the Husky and Weathertech liners but cannot decide which ones to buy. I like the fact that the Husky cover the foot rest and the carget by the scuff plate. I like the look of the Weathertech's as well;)

Where did you purchase yours from?
I got mine through a company here in Ottawa but they still had to order them for me. You can go to www.huskyliners.com and click on 'Locate Dealer' to see if there are any in your area.

Peter

Got the VIN and a ETA of Dec. 5th. Order is still showing in the Order Processing state.

ihatia,

Ordered mine the same day and have an ETA of 10 Dec. That's a little longer than 6-8 weeks. My dealership wouldn't throw anything in for free once they knew I was using USAA's car buying service. I probably could have found a better deal had I really tried hard enough...but I wanted to get this car before the Christmas Holidays. Tri Coat White Platinum was my top choice but my wife really wanted the Ruby Red...and since she's going to be the primary driver (maybe)...

If she doesn't like the wheels on the Sport, she says she won't drive it, so I might end up with it! But then she'll drive my Jeep Rubicon :mad:

Sure hope we both get our new Sport sooner than estimated.

Nice... ordered our limited on the 28th of Sept. ETA is Nov 28th. Where are you guys getting your order status? From Crystal?

Ordered oct 1 or so...ETA 12/5. (Supposedly...)

Got the VIN and a ETA of Dec. 5th. Order is still showing in the Order Processing state.

VIN's don't get assigned until your vehicle clears the order processing state.

There is heavy demand for SPORT's right now VIN's are taking on average around a month to be generated.

Your VIN will be assigned just a week before or the week of production.

If you got a VIN put it in the Window Sticker link above this section of the Forum and see if it works.

Congratulations. Your Window Sticker' should be available for viewing approx. 4 - 5 days before the 'Build Date'.

Peter

I've enjoyed this process. Interesting to follow the car along from planning to receiving it. I was given a VIN fairly quickly, approximately a week later after ordering. Build week now estimated Nov 11. No window sticker yet. Apparently Chicago is busy!

I've enjoyed this process. Interesting to follow the car along from planning to receiving it. I was given a VIN fairly quickly, approximately a week later after ordering. Build week now estimated Nov 11. No window sticker yet. Apparently Chicago is busy!

Well you got some pretty good pull at your dealer or they gave you a VIN of a SPORT they ordered a while back. I just was advised my VIN will be generated next week. I ordered Sept 24th.

Its a race now!

I ordered our Explorer Sport on 30 September 2013 and received the VIN from Crystal...not my dealership...about 2 weeks later. And she said my build date is showing 11 November, although I've learned it's actually a build "week" and that my ETA is 10 December.

I called the dealership to confirm the VIN and they did. So I can say with quite a bit of confidence that there is no rhyme or reason as to when VINs are published vs when the build dates start.

At this point I'm just hoping for a delivery before Christmas...or the start of the 2015 model!

Not trying to steal your thread, but I do have a question.

When I placed my order for the Sport, I included the mud flaps, license plate bracket and all-weather floor mats. Are those items actually going to be added at the Chicago plant or are they usually added once the vehicle arrives at the dealership? If they don't get added until delivery...I'm going to try to get one or more of those items free of charge for the "extended" waiting period when they told me it was only going to be 6-8 weeks.

I received my VIN about a week after the order. Since I am in Canada I am sending PM's to Bianca. She is very responsive....Thanks Bianca.:thumbsup:

The delivery date is over 9 weeks,:eek: I hope it arrives earlier.:D

If I remember correctly I read somewhere that the All Weather Mats, Splash Guards and Cargo mat come from the Factory. They just put them in the trunk I guess. But they are installed by the Dealer.

I am gonna double check with the dealer if they have the VIN too.

I was told the optional items go inside the vehicle from the factory. The DVD headrests didn't get installed at the factory because they had too much theft during transport. So they made it a dealer installed option and kept them in a box hidden during transport.

I was told today I should have a VIN by next week so hears to hoping for a VIN.

Yep dealer just confirmed the same VIN I got from Bianca....They say ETA is end of November....another 5 weeks....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I actually made a change to our order and asked to have the dual panel moon roof added. It seems that in doing so, it caused my build date to get bumped by a week...which also caused the ETA to be a week later. So now I'm really hoping this Sport gets here before Christmas. Most of my information is coming from Crystal and Ashley...the dealership doesn't seem to be too up-to-speed on the progress (lack of at this point) so I don't talk to them very often.

I'm sure the wait will be worth it...I'm sure the wait will be worth it...I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I actually made a change to our order and asked to have the dual panel moon roof added. It seems that in doing so, it caused my build date to get bumped by a week...which also caused the ETA to be a week later. So now I'm really hoping this Sport gets here before Christmas. Most of my information is coming from Crystal and Ashley...the dealership doesn't seem to be too up-to-speed on the progress (lack of at this point) so I don't talk to them very often.

I'm sure the wait will be worth it...I'm sure the wait will be worth it...I'm sure the wait will be worth it.
Good choice in the added feature in my opinion. Love how it makes the interior feel more open. I wouldn't want another vehicle without a moonroof. This is my 4th one with it. :thumbsup:

Peter

Back