2015 explorer four cylinder eco boost ticking noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 explorer four cylinder eco boost ticking noise

Hebn

Reaction score
City, State
Nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 explorer xlt
Recently purchased a 2015 Explorer four-cylinder 2.0 with turbo boost has approx 60,000 miles. I hear a ticking noise only when my foot is off of the gas. I’ve read several people with similar issues but there’s having to do with cold weather. UnFortunately today’s the last day of my warranty my car is currently at the dealership needed stabilizer links and also to diagnose ticking noise and I just received a call stating It’s ready for pick up and the ticking noise is coming from the turbo and it’s completely normal there’s nothing they can do. Well I’m not happy With this answer yet again I don’t know much about cars but the general consensus(after scouring the internet) is that it’s not normal could be a pulley or something that only taking the engine apart would fix(which I’m sure they don’t want to do). I don’t understand the how it’s the turbo if it’s happening only when my foot is off the gas. I expressed my concern and want me to be there by 4 o’clock today to take a ride with the service department manager, I'm kind of desperate right now if anyone has any ideas, opinions, facts, suggestions on this matter Id really appreciate it. Thanks in advance

There is a common ticking noise with some of today's newer motors. It may very well be normal. You could get a second opinion.

Hebn, I had a noise develop at around 59k and by 62k it was more of a mild thumping sound. I took the truck to the dealer and they diagnosed it with a stretched timing chain. I was out of warranty and had them do the timing chain, Chain guides, and change the water pump while in there. My dealer helped me with Ford get some concession $ toward the repair. it reduced the out of pocket expense to around 1200 for me . DO NOT DELAY.. if your water pump goes out it could be a huge amount of $. it is a known problem but still a problem. my chain was stretched by several inches. My dealer was great to work with as was Ford. I had hoped for more but they could have also said 0

Back