2015 Explorer Sport - rubber seal and plastic cover missing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport - rubber seal and plastic cover missing

bepnewt

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello, all.

We have a 2015 Explorer Sport which is now missing a couple things. While driving, some rubber start coming out from underneath the plastic cover piece that should be where the arrows point in the pic below. It got worse and then one day, the wind ripped the rubber out and took the plastic cover with it.

We're about to trade the vehicle in so I want to get it fixed. When I search for a replacement part, what do I call it? I don't know what to search for.

Thanks for your help,
-BEP

ExplorerPlasticMissing.jpg

Thats the A pillar molding. Its really common issue in sunny climates.. good luck on the trade in. I looked into trading my 2013 but then I laughed at the "trade in value". So im just keeping it now.

My best guess is the pillar molding as shown on this page:

I'm not sure what the rubber is, whether it comes with the pillar molding or not, but it seems like what you still have in your picture is the Lower Molding - Passenger's Side Inner. Are the attachment points on that piece still good or broken off or ???

Thank you, folks. I looked at ordering the parts and doing it myself and then took it to a shop and it wasn't much more to have them take care of it.

Have a great day!
-BEP

Back