• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2015 Ford Explorer Stock Speaker Upgrade - Sony System

MM07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
It is a wonderful upgrade. Did it on my 16 XLT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Coleon

Reaction score
City, State
Fort myers, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 explorer limited
Callsign
Coleon
Did a stock speaker upgrade in a 2015 Explorer Sport with the Sony Premium Sound System. Simply upgraded speakers, using stock amp. Not the best "write-up" as it's mostly pix, but hopefully it will be a decent jumping off point for those interested in doing more. I just wanted a slightly better system as all my focus is on the performance (I'm not an audiophile, so my interest in this area is minimal). I left the stock center dash speaker alone, didn't feel like taking apart the dash, lol. Hope the pix help folks out:

Subwoofer:

View attachment 315375

View attachment 315376

View attachment 315377

View attachment 315378

View attachment 315379
Every aspect of what you have done to your Expo has been hands down some pimp ass shit.. And I have been meaning to reach out to you about a couple things.. My main inquiry are your God Like Brempd Brake set-up. Im also in the now trying to do the same in that regard. Im just trying to get through X-mas and shit so I can attempot that Bad-Ass Mod...
In this instance Im despertly looking for Sony amp wiring pin-out... Any way you could help me out with that.....

ecoboost_xsport

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Every aspect of what you have done to your Expo has been hands down some pimp ass shit.. And I have been meaning to reach out to you about a couple things.. My main inquiry are your God Like Brempd Brake set-up. Im also in the now trying to do the same in that regard. Im just trying to get through X-mas and shit so I can attempot that Bad-Ass Mod...
In this instance Im despertly looking for Sony amp wiring pin-out... Any way you could help me out with that.....
Thanks for the compliments. Feel free to follow my Build Thread for all the deets! I try and update everything there nowadays instead of making seperate posts for everything.

As for your request...is this what you needed?

vwOdNM80eQ1o-H?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

sGjhbaMJVRFBZ2?width=1024&height=970&cropmode=none.jpg

53Ay_YDcpPpzaX?width=1024&height=960&cropmode=none.jpg

n_ikobe_V7euE6?width=1024&height=962&cropmode=none.jpg

Coleon

Reaction score
City, State
Fort myers, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 explorer limited
Callsign
Coleon
Sorry, Im an ID.10T....
I scrolled up earlier and saw what you left for all of us..lol

Coleon

Reaction score
City, State
Fort myers, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 explorer limited
Callsign
Coleon