2015 Ford Explorer Stock Speaker Upgrade - Sony System | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Ford Explorer Stock Speaker Upgrade - Sony System

It is a wonderful upgrade. Did it on my 16 XLT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did a stock speaker upgrade in a 2015 Explorer Sport with the Sony Premium Sound System. Simply upgraded speakers, using stock amp. Not the best "write-up" as it's mostly pix, but hopefully it will be a decent jumping off point for those interested in doing more. I just wanted a slightly better system as all my focus is on the performance (I'm not an audiophile, so my interest in this area is minimal). I left the stock center dash speaker alone, didn't feel like taking apart the dash, lol. Hope the pix help folks out:

Subwoofer:

View attachment 315375

View attachment 315376

View attachment 315377

View attachment 315378

View attachment 315379
Every aspect of what you have done to your Expo has been hands down some pimp ass ****.. And I have been meaning to reach out to you about a couple things.. My main inquiry are your God Like Brempd Brake set-up. Im also in the now trying to do the same in that regard. Im just trying to get through X-mas and **** so I can attempot that Bad-Ass Mod...
In this instance Im despertly looking for Sony amp wiring pin-out... Any way you could help me out with that.....

Every aspect of what you have done to your Expo has been hands down some pimp ass ****.. And I have been meaning to reach out to you about a couple things.. My main inquiry are your God Like Brempd Brake set-up. Im also in the now trying to do the same in that regard. Im just trying to get through X-mas and **** so I can attempot that Bad-Ass Mod...
In this instance Im despertly looking for Sony amp wiring pin-out... Any way you could help me out with that.....
Thanks for the compliments. Feel free to follow my Build Thread for all the deets! I try and update everything there nowadays instead of making seperate posts for everything.

As for your request...is this what you needed?

vwOdNM80eQ1o-H?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

sGjhbaMJVRFBZ2?width=1024&height=970&cropmode=none.jpg

53Ay_YDcpPpzaX?width=1024&height=960&cropmode=none.jpg

n_ikobe_V7euE6?width=1024&height=962&cropmode=none.jpg

Sorry, Im an ID.10T....
I scrolled up earlier and saw what you left for all of us..lol

Thanks for all the information. Did you wire the tweeters in using the stock wiring? I read that on other Ford Sony systems that the Sony headunit handles the cross over duties, but I am unsure. Looking at the wiring diagram it shows seperate runs for the tweeters. On my last ford truck ( non Sony) the tweeter were tapped into the main door wires but had a capacitor filtering the low frequency.

I guess I could use the cross over in the new speaker and run a new wire to the tweeter. Or use the existing tweeter connection.

Thanks again,

Chris
I'm stuck on the front tweeters. Should I just install the new tweets as is or use a capacitor. In some pictures, the factory tweeters has what looks like a capacitor built in. Afraid the tweeter signal has mid range too

I'm stuck on the front tweeters. Should I just install the new tweets as is or use a capacitor. In some pictures, the factory tweeters has what looks like a capacitor built in. Afraid the tweeter signal has mid range too
Yes the tweeters are ran all the way back to the factory amp in the back. The way that I was able to utilize all of the stock wiring was adding a iMaestro Fo2 harness, from there I am using a Rockford Fosgate DSR1 DSP. I went out of the harness that I purchased and into the low side using the RCA inputs to both of my amplifiers for my mids and highs.

I can get way more in depth, but the only way to do this correctly, the right way the first time so where you never have to deal with it again was buying that harness from Maestro, and the DSR1.

I’m in car using voice to text. I will attach the info and part #’s of both units shortly

Did a stock speaker upgrade in a 2015 Explorer Sport with the Sony Premium Sound System. Simply upgraded speakers, using stock amp. Not the best "write-up" as it's mostly pix, but hopefully it will be a decent jumping off point for those interested in doing more. I just wanted a slightly better system as all my focus is on the performance (I'm not an audiophile, so my interest in this area is minimal). I left the stock center dash speaker alone, didn't feel like taking apart the dash, lol. Hope the pix help folks out:

Subwoofer:

8" 2 ohms?

Hello there,

is sub 8" and 4 ohms? Thanks!

Hello there,

is sub 8" and 4 ohms? Thanks!
I think he only hits the forum occasionally so I'll step in, sub is a shallow 8" (around 3.5" max front mounting depth) I believe it's technically dual voice coil 1.2 ohm stock, but an aftermarket dual 2 ohm works fine. A dual 4 ohm or single voice coil sub isn't going to work well due to the reduced power output.

Back