2015 Limited 2nd row rattle | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Limited 2nd row rattle

I had a 98 GP as my second car when i entered college. There wernt any rattles in that thing. My 07 G35x and 14 Altima both had their own unique annoying rattles.

I have 2 in the ex sport now and annoying but just shows that each car..no matter how much it is or worth..has it's own rattles.

Dealer are looking at these tomorrow in fact

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2015 Explorer Limited.
According to your profile you have an Exployer. :D
The seat belt buckle shouldn't be hitting anything. It didn't in mine and I think there may have been only one other post complaining about it in 6 years. See if you can adjust the buckle's position.

Peter

I isolated the vibration and rattle. It is definitely coming from the second row seat back on the drivers side (60% portion of the 60/40 split row second row seat). If someone is sitting in the seat the seat back doesn't vibrate and rattle. When I put the seat back down it doesn't vibrate and rattle. I have an appointment with my local Ford dealer on Tuesday of next week to have it corrected.

I have the inflatable rear seat belts. The steel male end that clicks into the female seat belt receptical is much thicker and beefier than the front seat belts. Probably because it has a sensor in it. The male end hangs right next to the hard plastic on the bottom side of the second row seat. Any vehicle movement and the male seat belt end will bang against the hard plastic on the bottom of the seat. I was able to push the male end down further so that it is tucked between the bottom of the seat and the carpeting when not in use. Because of the design of the inflatable rear seat belts, they are not adjustable upward while they are not in use, which would allow them to move away from the hard plastic.

I have a similar rattle..or it sounds like the seat or plastic is loose. Mine is rear pass seat (bucket seats) if i fold the seat down..i don't hear it..but dealer can't find anything

I isolated the vibration and rattle. It is definitely coming from the second row seat back on the drivers side (60% portion of the 60/40 split row second row seat). If someone is sitting in the seat the seat back doesn't vibrate and rattle. When I put the seat back down it doesn't vibrate and rattle. I have an appointment with my local Ford dealer on Tuesday of next week to have it corrected.

I have the inflatable rear seat belts. The steel male end that clicks into the female seat belt receptical is much thicker and beefier than the front seat belts. Probably because it has a sensor in it. The male end hangs right next to the hard plastic on the bottom side of the second row seat. Any vehicle movement and the male seat belt end will bang against the hard plastic on the bottom of the seat. I was able to push the male end down further so that it is tucked between the bottom of the seat and the carpeting when not in use. Because of the design of the inflatable rear seat belts, they are not adjustable upward while they are not in use, which would allow them to move away from the hard plastic.

Did you get this fixed? A rattle just started in our 16 Sport at 4k miles. Sounds like the seat behind the driver ir the pillar back there. I need to investigate.

Did you get this fixed? A rattle just started in our 16 Sport at 4k miles. Sounds like the seat behind the driver ir the pillar back there. I need to investigate.

Yes. The anchor latch on the floor was misaligned with the seat latch. The dealer tech realigned the floor anchor latch so now the seat locks in firmly and correctly. No more rattling.

Back