2015 sport question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 sport question

Lenthan

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I have been reading here and found some of the changes to the 2015, power fold seats, heated steering wheel, and new exterior color but had a question about the interior. Does anyone know if they will offer a light colored interior? We test drove a 2014, limited and sport and definitely like the sport better but we liked the light interior option on the limited. Its not a deal breaker but if the 2015 will have everything we want we would not mind waiting a few months. Also are there any examples of the new grey exterior floating around or is it maybe offered on another Ford car?

It looks like if we ordered a 2015 we would be looking at July/August for delivery does that sound correct? I have not purchased a new vehicle for some time would I expect to pay msrp on an ordered 2015 or can deals be had(rebates or special financings)?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been reading here and found some of the changes to the 2015, power fold seats, heated steering wheel, and new exterior color but had a question about the interior. Does anyone know if they will offer a light colored interior? We test drove a 2014, limited and sport and definitely like the sport better but we liked the light interior option on the limited. Its not a deal breaker but if the 2015 will have everything we want we would not mind waiting a few months. Also are there any examples of the new grey exterior floating around or is it maybe offered on another Ford car?

It looks like if we ordered a 2015 we would be looking at July/August for delivery does that sound correct? I have not purchased a new vehicle for some time would I expect to pay msrp on an ordered 2015 or can deals be had(rebates or special financings)?

Thanks

There is a 2015 Explorer Order Guide posted here that shows Sport interior is charcoal or charcoal with pecan inserts, thats it.

Go on Ford website and build a 2015 F150 or F250 and they have the new colour magnetic.

ETA of your vehicle is affected by a ton of variables, dealer allocation, build cycles, part availability, scheduling, etc etc.

Dealer is best source for ETA.

Dont pay MSRP, use the internet to have multiple dealers provide you a price, many on here have negotiated good deals without stepping foot in a dealership. Look at sites like Truecar.com for good pricing benchmarks.

There is a 2015 Explorer Order Guide posted here that shows Sport interior is charcoal or charcoal with pecan inserts, thats it.

Go on Ford website and build a 2015 F150 or F250 and they have the new colour magnetic.

ETA of your vehicle is affected by a ton of variables, dealer allocation, build cycles, part availability, scheduling, etc etc.

Dont pay MSRP, use the internet to have multiple dealers provide you a price, many on here have negotiated good deals without stepping foot in a dealership. Look at sites like Truecar.com for good pricing benchmarks.

Thank you for all of that information.

I have spoken to 4-5 dealers around town and they all have varying stories on the 2015 availability. Some claim to still be ordering 2014s, some claim that 2015s will arrive within the month. Guess I just have to find the right person to talk to.

Thanks again.

They are not able to order 2014 models that order bank closed.

15MY Job1 starts this next week

Im always amazed at how little the dealers actually know, often their info is so inaccurate its embarrassing.

Yeah I'm not sure what would be worse if they simply didn't know or it they are withholding information to sell what they have on hand. I'm guessing I encountered a little bit of both.

I wonder if the manufactures don't put the information out there or if the dealers/sales people simply don't care to know. I have found that it's the same for just about anything you go to buy, a simple Google search(and some digging) reveals way more information then you get from the people who sell the items.

I think at this point I am inclined to wait of a 2015 to see the new color but the wife(who will drive it more) is leaning toward getting a white 2014 with the 401A package we test drove the other day. The white does look sharp with the Sport trim.

How does special ordering affect MSRP? Is there room to haggle? How does the deposit ton order the vehicle come into play? Is one required? Do you forfeit it if you walk away from the deal?

I have never ordered a new car. Just wanted some concrete info.

Thanks in advance

Ended up going with a white 2014 sport, picking it up tomorrow(dealer transfer)

Got the 401A package, moon roof, bucket seats, tow package and adaptive CC(reason for transfer no one close had one with this option)

I think i got a decent deal on it, right in the truecar price range for "great" deal. They matched what car max offered us on the trade so I can't complain much.

They did charge for the transfer which now that I think about it I could have tried to haggle on that fee a bit more.

Overall a good experience can't wait until tomorrow night to pick it up.

Congrats! Welcome to the family! You will love it! They are a blast!

They are not able to order 2014 models that order bank closed.

15MY Job1 starts this next week

Im always amazed at how little the dealers actually know, often their info is so inaccurate its embarrassing.

it is not soley the dealers who dont know, its mgt who decides not to inform the employees.

if you have a set stock of units on your location and need to move units and tell your sales force about new buildings, this in turn is passed to the customer.

thus the inventory remains the same and no units are sold-

most car dealers will give the "need to know, when they need to know"

Just fyi. There is no light interior option. There is a choice between solid black seats or black seats w brown insert. And I ordered mine for 300 below invoice, so yes there is room to haggle

Back