2016 back doors wont unlock from inside | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 back doors wont unlock from inside

don't know, will have to test. but there have been different passengers in the back and gotten out with running or after shutoff and no reported issues on the lock/unlock.
I believe post 19 addresses the issue. A misprint in the Manual about how they work.

Peter

On the 2016, Read Page 62 of the owners manual, second printing.

read the section on AutoLock and AutoUnlock - this is not the smart autounlock that trips if you try to lock your key in the car.

this is a different feature.

My car is setup just like this and it does disable the rear door, double pull to open.

On the 2016, Read Page 62 of the owners manual, second printing.

read the section on AutoLock and AutoUnlock - this is not the smart autounlock that trips if you try to lock your key in the car.

this is a different feature.

My car is setup just like this and it does disable the rear door, double pull to open.
Like mentioned here, the "double pull" to unlock and open the door is a misprint. The Explorer apparently doesn't have that feature. So your setup is the same as what I have set in my MKT. The only way to unlock the rear doors if the autolock is set up, is to either open the driver's door or press the unlock button on the driver's door. In other words, nothing has changed from previous model years.

Peter

Back