2016+ Base Model, Add LED Signature Lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016+ Base Model, Add LED Signature Lights?

BradleyFord

Reaction score
City, State
Bellevue, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Base 4WD
Just purchased a new 2017 Explorer, base model! I would have liked at least an XLT but the offer was WAY too good to pass up.

On the base model, the LED signature lights that go around the headlight are not there. The space for them is but not the actual lights. Is there a way to install LED signature lights in there either myself or at a car place that does aftermarket stuff? I just think they look so cool and would like them, if it's not too expensive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, that's probably going to be too expensive then, I don't need it, just thought it would be cool if I could add.

If the LED strip is indeed not there then I think you may be out of luck unless you wish to purchase the entire headlamp fixture. The housing is one piece and would have to be opened up in order to install the LED strip. Looking at various parts websites, it doesn't look like the LED strip is a separate item.
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...p-components-scat/?part_name=headlamp-housing
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2017&m=Ford&mo=Explorer&initSearch=1&keyword=Headlight Assembly#Search

Peter
Hi Peter,
Have you ordered anything from Autonationford and have it sent to Canada?
Thanks

Hi Peter,
Have you ordered anything from Autonationford and have it sent to Canada?
Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
No, I have not but I believe some Canadian members have done so from Levittown Ford Super Store. They are a site vendor.

Peter

Thanks for the welcome, Peter!

hi everyone I’m new here and I need some help , I have 16 exp base looking to upgrade the headlights cause I like the signature lights. Did someone did it before , thanks guys

hi everyone I’m new here and I need some help , I have 16 exp base looking to upgrade the headlights cause I like the signature lights. Did someone did it before , thanks guys
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your edited post has been merged with this existing thread.

Peter

Back