2016 Explorer Order Guide | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer Order Guide

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cajun ford fox, They did move the filler, it is presently on the passenger side if you look at the link and when you see the picture of the cluster you will see that the gas tank arrow now point to the driver side....

Cajun ford fox, They did move the filler, it is presently on the passenger side if you look at the link and when you see the picture of the cluster you will see that the gas tank arrow now point to the driver side....

OK....I thought you were referring to the actual filler on the outside of the vehicle. You just dont know how many times I have pulled up to a gas pump, got out to put gas, and was on the wrong side of the pump. Many a curse words because of it......lol. All my other vehicles have the gas filler inlet on the drivers side.

Guys, THE CLUSTER SHOWS THAT THE ARROW POINTS TO THE DRIVER SIDE, THE PICTURES OF THE EXPLORER SHOWS IT ON THE PASSENGER SIDE WHAT IS GOING ON. ON THE 2011-2014 THE ARROW POINTS TO THE PASSENGER SIDE WHERE IS ACTUALLY IS. ....FORD SCREWED THIS ONE UP...ANY THOUGHTS...?

I just watched another video and the cluster shows the arrow pointing to the passenger's side. All the pictures I've seen also show it still on the passenger's side so it seems that there hasn't been any change.

Peter

Attachments

• 2016-ford-explorer-platinum-interior-photo-649201-s-986x603_001.JPG
    2016-ford-explorer-platinum-interior-photo-649201-s-986x603_001.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 603

Anyone have any thoughts how the 2016 LED highlights are going to look / function? Seeing as most images are all "pre-production" not sure if the housing will look a little different or not - as currently when I look at the images, they look like a plain headlight with the reflectors in.

Anyone watched the f150 LED light videos? Hoping we get something as bright as that and since Ford engineers have been working on the technology - am thinking the small box LED with one bulb and multiple reflectors will make its way into the '16 Explorer. (gotta say they look awesome and super bright on the f150 - although they get two bulbs whereas based on the shape of our lights we will only get one bulb with the 2nd being our high beam standard halogen).

While im thinking about it, anyone with inside knowledge about Sync3? Think it will make it into the '16 Explorer?

Remember that only the low beams are LED. The high beams are Halogen Reflectors. I also believe that Riley mentioned SYNC3 would be in the 2016 Explorer. I don't believe any official announcement has yet been made as to which 2016 Ford models will have SYNC3.

Peter

Guys, THE CLUSTER SHOWS THAT THE ARROW POINTS TO THE DRIVER SIDE, THE PICTURES OF THE EXPLORER SHOWS IT ON THE PASSENGER SIDE WHAT IS GOING ON. ON THE 2011-2014 THE ARROW POINTS TO THE PASSENGER SIDE WHERE IS ACTUALLY IS. ....FORD SCREWED THIS ONE UP...ANY THOUGHTS...?

Why are you yelling?

Im not yelling....i write always in caps....!

Why are you so sensitive....i always write in caps,
just a bad habit.

Assuming the order the order guide we have all been looking at is american. Anyone have a Canadian one or experience about differences between what is released in Canada? While on the topic anyone have experience in regards to pricing in Canada?

Finally does anyone have experience with ordering brand new. Do incentives apply or when it is a brand new model are these limited or non existent?

Anyone used x plan or other plan pricing? Again is it offered on brand new models or would the 2016 explorer not be eligible ?

Ford Canada is always at least a month or two behind in getting the 'Build & Price' program up on their site. Every time I question them about it I always get the same answer. "We are working on it." This happens every year. As far as incentives go, the Ford website usually shows what is available but you should always check with your dealer for regional offers. The Costco $1000 discount seems to be available most of the time but does drop out every now and then. I believe that one of the Costco conditions is that you had to have been a member 3 months or so before you place your order. There are members that have used X plan pricing.

Peter

Yes I know they list incentives on the website and some members have used xplan pricing. What I am wondering is if users have found incentives or xplan in brand new models. Typically I see the huge discounts when they are clearing models out. So lends me to believe that the 15s will have better deals over the 16s.

Wondering if any members have gotten good incentives or used xplan on factory orders and on models when first released.

From what I have seen online I haven't seen any huge incentives listed on the '16 explorer (on the American site) and obviously we have nothing on the Canadian site since we don't even have build and price available

Incentives are usually always better on the model that is in its final year so that the dealers can clear them out. On the upcoming new models there is usually not too much offered. I did get $2000 off my 2011 Limited using 2 different incentives but I did not have the Costco one. I believe X plan pricing can be used on brand new models. One difference on the pre 2016 models was that the Limiteds for the Canadian market all had HID as standard equipment.

Peter

Incentives are usually always better on the model that is in its final year so that the dealers can clear them out. On the upcoming new models there is usually not too much offered. I did get $2000 off my 2011 Limited using 2 different incentives but I did not have the Costco one. I believe X plan pricing can be used on brand new models. One difference on the pre 2016 models was that the Limiteds for the Canadian market all had HID as standard equipment.

Peter

I ordered mine in August 2011 during Ford employee pricing event which saved me about $5000, wasn't Costco member at that time...

Explorer 2016 is a facelift of 2011 model, so do not expect major changes and thus it is still on passenger side!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back