2012 Ford Explorer Order Guide | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Ford Explorer Order Guide

We previously owned a 2000 Explorer and loved it. I want to order a 2012 Limited but as I understand Ford, they will not let you order the new Explorer without the third row seats. My wife and I are retired and don't want or need three rows of seating. Why won't Ford let you delete the seats and get a larger storage capacity for those people that travel and need the space?

Government regulations will not allow Ford to sell the Ex without the 2nd row seats. We went through all that with the Police Interceptor Utility because some Agencies wanted only 1st row. They cannot do it.

The Interceptor Utility is sold without a 3rd row.

I don't know if that delete is even an option on the retail version but it's a simple fix.

Buy it with the 3rd row and leave the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded flat.

Huge storage space with both rows folded .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks... so if i understand correctly... scans for 5 minutes car is started then turns off and if doesnt tie in the to the MFT and no mention of any led indicator to install... then just an audible whenever things get too close? how do you turn it back on then when you are going to need it like in tight parking spot or parking in garage?

Park Assist - Front 4 Modules
Part Number: VAS4Z-15A866-A
Part only: $258.28
Part w/ installation: $396.28

i still may be interested in it though... i never know how close i am with this ex and also when parking in the garage i need to be about 12 inches from the wall and would be great if its that sensitive.
The details for the accessory state:

“When the vehicle is turned on, the ultra-sonic sensors start silently scanning in front of the vehicle for five minutes and then turn off automatically.”

This means that the system would not be on after the first five minutes the car is on if you’re in a tight parking spot. I hope that helps.

Cory

any new updates on when 2012 orders will be taken?

I just placed an ordered for a 2012 limited on 5/28, so they are accepting orders now.

2012 Explorer 2nd row bucket seats - arm rest or no arm rest?

I just cancelled my 2011 Explorer Limited order and changed it to a 2012, but was wondering if they have added arm rests to the 2nd row bucket seats in 2012 model? I found it very odd to have bucket seats without arm rests in the 2011 Explorer...

Back