2016 Explorer remote start not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer remote start not working

Theexplorers

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello, our 2016 Explorer sport remote start intermittently stopped working and now will not at all and remote start failure code shows on key fob (blinking red light). It seems as if its sensing a door or hatch open. Hood switch checks ok. No door open alerts on the dash display. I went through everything I could find online and I may have traced the problem to the lift gate. Normally when it closes, there is an “extra” pull to latch shut. This is no longer happening. What I don't know if this is done by the actuator, or if there is another motor in the latch to accomplish this.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you have anything plugged into the power point or USB port? If so, that has been known to interfere with Remote Start.
As for the liftgate, I would think that the latch assembly would be the item that secures the 'gate' when closing/closed. Are you able to push it in any further to see if it latches? If it doesn't latch in your situation, I would think that you would get the 'Liftgate Ajar' warning.

Peter

Back