2016 Explorer Sport Driver seat heater working for back but not seat? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer Sport Driver seat heater working for back but not seat?

Britta-S

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Hi all,

I did search the forum but didn't find anything similar.
Recently, when using remote start but also when turning it on manually during driving, the heated seat is only heating the back (lower back).
The driver's side works fine, seat and back are warm.
When I first got my explorer, I did have some trouble with the driver's side cooling and got vents replaced and the whole module at some point.
It's just weird to me that it would partly work?!

Anyone ever heard of this? And if you did, anything that can be done DIY?

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope you find the answer....

I have a 2016 Explorer Sport with the exact same issue. Typically, the heater grid burns out in a spot or the element breaks. My search on Tasca, shows the heater grid, for heated and cooled seats, is integral to the bottom cushion and is over $900 for the part alone. I haven't done any troubleshooting to see if it is a module or a bad element.

Good Luck & post the results!

Oh no.... Thank you for the info though!
I'll probably take it to an independent workshop and see what they say.

I hope you find the answer....

I have a 2016 Explorer Sport with the exact same issue. Typically, the heater grid burns out in a spot or the element breaks. My search on Tasca, shows the heater grid, for heated and cooled seats, is integral to the bottom cushion and is over $900 for the part alone. I haven't done any troubleshooting to see if it is a module or a bad element.

Good Luck & post the results!

Are you talking about this one:
Seat Cushion Pad - Ford (FB5Z-78632A22-B) | TascaParts.com

And yes, I haven't done any trouble shooting either yet, just know that the seat cushion stays cold on the driver's side, while the back (and passenger side full seat) heat up fine.

Please keep me posted as well!

Are you talking about this one:
Seat Cushion Pad - Ford (FB5Z-78632A22-B) | TascaParts.com

And yes, I haven't done any trouble shooting either yet, just know that the seat cushion stays cold on the driver's side, while the back (and passenger side full seat) heat up fine.

Please keep me posted as well!
Anyone get anywhere with this issue? My Driver's seat bottom cushion heat isn't working. Back is good. Passenger side it fine for bottom and back. I just had the seat out to try and figure out if I could T/s or see burned out wires or connector. No "smoking gun" in this case. And, the unit the blows up to driver's butt is really intertwined under all the other things mounted down there. It looks like a real job to get to that part if it's bad (and it seems to cost $106 ish). I think cooling works, but maybe not. could be that blower motor in my case. I should have taken pics of bottom of seat while I had it out.

Just wondering if anyone ever had this issue resolved?

Mine works intermittently; sometimes the seat doesn't heat up, but the back does. Other times, both the seat and back heat up. Issue seems to be on both driver and passenger side. And to add, it's not consistent, so sometimes the driver side works while the passenger side doesn't and vice versa. Did anyone have any luck fixing their seat warmer?

Just wondering if anyone ever had this issue resolved?

Mine works intermittently; sometimes the seat doesn't heat up, but the back does. Other times, both the seat and back heat up. Issue seems to be on both driver and passenger side. And to add, it's not consistent, so sometimes the driver side works while the passenger side doesn't and vice versa. Did anyone have any luck fixing their seat warmer?
I failed to provide a follow up. After reinstalling my driver's seat, the heater seems to be working fine. It might be worth a try to disconnect then reconnect the connector plugs under the seat.

Back