• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford explorer issue

Junior2687

Reaction score
City, State
Toa alta PR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 ford explorer base 3
Thanks for add in the group. When i buy my 2016 ford explorer base the leds on the top on the headlights they worked . I replace the battery recently by a new the dont function again. Any suggestions is very received

Attachments

• 16016844106203178503872930513502.jpg
    16016844106203178503872930513502.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 66

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
What you are referring to is the LED Signature Lighting. That was not available on the 2016 Base model, only on the XLT and up. Did you buy the Explorer new? If not, perhaps the previous owner may have done something to enable them. If I recall correctly from reading other posts, the Base model doesn't even have the LEDs in there.
EDIT: Found this thread; 2016+ Base Model, Add LED Signature Lights?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
What you are referring to is the LED Signature Lighting. That was not available on the 2016 Base model, only on the XLT and up. Did you buy the Explorer new? If not, perhaps the previous owner may have done something to enable them. If I recall correctly from reading other posts, the Base model doesn't even have the LEDs in there.
EDIT: Found this thread; 2016+ Base Model, Add LED Signature Lights?

Peter
Thanks Peter for help. recently like 4 months ago I bought the ford explorer and I'm sure they worked even when I activated the alarm, which in turn flashed the signal lights, they also flashed even when you removed the power locks, but the vehicle entered the protection system once I registered a problem with the battery and deactivated several features to save energy. once I replace the battery with a new one they have not worked.

I have a feeling the previous owner may have done some modifications. According to the 2016 Order Guide, the Base trim does not have the Signature Lighting.

Peter

Back