Good Price OTD on BASE 2016 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Good Price OTD on BASE 2016 Ford Explorer

fordbuyer1985

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a base 2016 Ford Explorer. I was hoping some of you could chime in on what would be a good price OTD. How much did you pay for yours. Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a base 2016 Ford Explorer. I was hoping some of you could chime in on what would be a good price OTD. How much did you pay for yours. Thank you.

Where are you located?
I was able to take advantage of the Ford employee pricing+Costco discount and a little bit more off the top?
If there's any truth with unhaggle; I pretty much got a Sport below the invoice price (not to be confused with the MSRP).

Where are you located?
I was able to take advantage of the Ford employee pricing+Costco discount and a little bit more off the top?
If there's any truth with unhaggle; I pretty much got a Sport below the invoice price (not to be confused with the MSRP).

Thank you for the response. I'm located in Missouri. I was thinking about shooting for 26,700, but I didn't know if that's about right or just wishful thinking.

Thank you for the response. I'm located in Missouri. I was thinking about shooting for 26,700, but I didn't know if that's about right or just wishful thinking.

Two approach from my experience.
You as the buyer make the initial offer (99.99% it won't be accepted), in which they will make a counter offer and you go from there.
So start at 25,500 and see what happens.

Or you tell the dealer to give you their "best" offer and then proceed to work it down and see if they will let it go at your price of 26,700.

You won't know if you don't try.:thumbsup:

Not sure what taxes and fees are in Missouri and if your looking for a fwd or awd explorer , but unless you have a trade in that's not going to happen. There's about $1200 in mark up on a base explorer. Little to no rebates on the 2016. If you can get $2000 off minus rebates, minus whatever your trade is worth your in good shape.

Back