2016 Replacement fog light bulbs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Replacement fog light bulbs

Hi, guys

I just recently bought a 2016 explorer for the family and I’m happy with the headlights but the fog lights are dull halogens any suggestions for aftermarket LEDs that fit directly and won’t get so hot they melt the lenses, there’s so many brands it’s hard to tell which ones will be best, I’m looking for a pretty white in colour but mostly want to just match the headlights.

Thanks
Dave

Hi, guys

I just recently bought a 2016 explorer for the family and I’m happy with the headlights but the fog lights are dull halogens any suggestions for aftermarket LEDs that fit directly and won’t get so hot they melt the lenses, there’s so many brands it’s hard to tell which ones will be best, I’m looking for a pretty white in colour but mostly want to just match the headlights.

Thanks
Dave

I do not own any yet but I am looking into the Sylvania ZEVO LED for ours. They have a 5 year warranty. 6000k cool white and state they match hid and led systems

I would just go with Sylvania bulbs, most LEDs are really white and do not project as far as yellower halogens.

I went with Beamtech brand. I believe you can get them off Amazon.
I tried 3 brands in four years and was pleased with their performance and color was spot on for the price. There is no fans or external drivers to mount.
Fogs take a lot of abuse down there with debris, water, snow and slush. I was having trouble with the diodes and fans getting corroded or water damaged blowing out.

Back