2017 ordering | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 ordering

Are you sure the Ecoboost is the only difference. The Limited has several options that are not available on the Sport. heck carefully. You won't regret the Sport's engine. As for incentives, you get either those in force when you ordered OR those available when you take delivery. You can't get both.
Did a very quick check. Sport does not have rain sensing wipers and I didn't see where it had the parking features. It does have class III tow package as standard and can have the 500 Watt sound system (optional)
Peter

Well I get around $1400 difference when I build the same options that I ordered with Limited vs Sport on Ford.ca.

Unless there are things in the limited that I won't get no matter what with the Sport. I would love to know what those are.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I get around $1400 difference when I build the same options that I ordered with Limited vs Sport on Ford.ca.

Unless there are things in the limited that I won't get no matter what with the Sport. I would love to know what those are.
I just realized that you cannot get lane keep assist, rain sensing wipers and park assist on the sport. I'm a gadget guy and I love those features. Not sure what to do.

I just realized that you cannot get lane keep assist, rain sensing wipers and park assist on the sport. I'm a gadget guy and I love those features. Not sure what to do.

Thats what I was referring too.

I went from Limited to Sport and lost those, thought it was big deal then realized I didn't use them enough to warrant the worry. Plus the engine power makes up for any gadgets.

Caved in and went for the Sport. I will miss the rain sensor and the lane keep assist :confused:

Caved in and went for the Sport. I will miss the rain sensor and the lane keep assist :confused:

Honestly, I thought the same, but after having the Sport for 3 years I don't miss them at all. The performance benefits overcome the missing features.

Bartender...Jack and coke, please.
I hurt my back and have been out, I'm back now. ;)
So, the X that I order has been delivered but it's not what I ordered. The dealer ordered the 300A package not the 301A. Salesperson didn't send me the DORA until it was way too late so they had to order me another one. This time he let me check everything before they hit send on the order. It was ordered on 15 Sept and had an estimated delivery of 27 Nov. I checked today and it's now estimated at 22 Nov. Still in pre-production. I'm itching to know what the build date will be but have decided not to bother the salesperson, I'll wait it out. LOL!

Here are the stats in case anyone is wondering about the timeline when ordering. You're looking about two months at this point.
2017 EXPLORER LIMITED
Ordered On: 08/02/2016
Order Number: R021
VIN: 1FM5...
Delivered on: 10/06/2016

• In Order Processing Completed On : 09.07.16

• In Production 09.14.16

• Awaiting Shipment 09.14.16

• In Transit 10.06.16

• Delivered 10.06.16
    Delivered
    Welcome back to the Ford Order Tracking System. "Delivered" means your car has arrived at the dealership and should be ready for pick up in a few days. Your dealership will be able to provide the specific date and time for delivery. 1

• 2017 EXPLORER LIMITED
    Ordered On: 09/15/2016
    Order Number: R030
    VIN: 1FM5K....
    Estimated Delivery: 11/22/2016

• In Order Processing
      In Order Processing
      Welcome to the Ford Order Tracking System. "In Order Processing" means your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week. Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date will be provided in the upper-left corner of the home page. Be sure to view the Vehicle Summary section and learn about the features on your vehicle. 1

• In Production

• Awaiting Shipment

• In Transit

• Delivered
      DAYS TO DELIVERY 3
  • EDIT: COTUS shows that today is the build day! I pulled the window sticker today as well.

Honestly, I thought the same, but after having the Sport for 3 years I don't miss them at all. The performance benefits overcome the missing features.

Thanks Sgt1411. Looking forward to it. I also bought ESP PC Plus for $3915+HST and they gave me 3 free oil changes.

I am supposed to get the Sport on Monday.

Thanks Sgt1411. Looking forward to it. I also bought ESP PC Plus for $3915+HST and they gave me 3 free oil changes.

I am supposed to get the Sport on Monday.

I get mine on Monday too...see who changes their profile picture first!.....LOL!

Oh you probably going to win. I won't be able to pick it up until late in the evening as I have a full day and some more at work on Monday.

I get mine on Monday too...see who changes their profile picture first!.....LOL!
That would likely be you since you need to have an Elite Explorer membership to do that.;)

Peter

That would likely be you since you need to have an Elite Explorer membership to do that.;)

Peter

I was attempting to encourage another member to upgrade to Elite status!

Last round is on me, guys. It arrived yesterday but the dealer can't have it ready until tomorrow. It's okay, my husband is sick today. I may run by and go visit it.
They will not take the plastic off the seats nor will they wash it. They will only put nitrogen in the tires and do the pre-vehicle inspection.
This is the first of the 8 (this is the 8th) Explorers that will have exactly the features I want.

Getting ready to order 2017 Explorer Limited but can't decide on the engine. Does the 2.3L need premium unleaded exclusively or can it use 87 octane with a little reduction in performance? I planned to order and determine what deals it will qualify for including the xplan. Not sure if joining Costco will get me any additional rebates since I currently have a SAMs card.

Getting ready to order 2017 Explorer Limited but can't decide on the engine. Does the 2.3L need premium unleaded exclusively or can it use 87 octane with a little reduction in performance? I planned to order and determine what deals it will qualify for including the xplan. Not sure if joining Costco will get me any additional rebates since I currently have a SAMs card.
Both the 2.3L and 3.5L Ecoboost engines will run fine on the recommended 87 octane as per the Owner's Manual. Premium is only required if you want top performance or are towing. I tried 91 octane in my previous 3.5L Ecoboost and really didn't notice a difference. You can always try switching to see if you notice a difference. The Ford.com website will show if the Costco rebate is in force when you buy. It was not here in Canada a couple of weeks ago when I got mine.

Peter

When I got the Costco $1000 cash back they told me you had to show a minimum 6 month membership previous to sale of vehicle. Depends if they hold you to that or let it slip.

When I got the Costco $1000 cash back they told me you had to show a minimum 6 month membership previous to sale of vehicle. Depends if they hold you to that or let it slip.
When that offer is available, the date that you had to have been a member by is always shown in the offer itself. I did get a membership as I was looking at a Spring time deal but things happened so quickly that the offer was not in effect when I recently got my 2017 so I'll let the membership lapse when renewal comes around.

Peter

After my husband having emergency surgery and getting out of the hospital the day before Thanksgiving, we finally got to pick up the new Ex on Friday the 25th. When we left the lot, it had 22 miles on it. Love it! The "contour motion" seats are the best.

Monday, on our way into town, on a very busy major road, the Ex lost power. The whole vehicle was shaking, the engine light came on and we barely made it safely off the road. AAA came and towed it back to the dealer. It now sits at 114.4 miles on the dealer lot. :(
I'm guessing it's a TB issue and so are they. I've heard nothing today from them but hopefully they'll get it straightened out soon. I'm so disappointed.

I hope none of you have this issue!

After my husband having emergency surgery and getting out of the hospital the day before Thanksgiving, we finally got to pick up the new Ex on Friday the 25th. When we left the lot, it had 22 miles on it. Love it! The "contour motion" seats are the best.

Monday, on our way into town, on a very busy major road, the Ex lost power. The whole vehicle was shaking, the engine light came on and we barely made it safely off the road. AAA came and towed it back to the dealer. It now sits at 114.4 miles on the dealer lot. :(
I'm guessing it's a TB issue and so are they. I've heard nothing today from them but hopefully they'll get it straightened out soon. I'm so disappointed.

I hope none of you have this issue!

Happy for your husband's recovery and can share your sense of excitement, since I'm due to receive my Explorer sometime this week. Sucks that you have to wait even longer, but lucky no damage was done as a loss of power like that could have been catastrophic. Fingers crossed it's a quick and simple fix. Out of self-interest can you let us all know what specific model / engine and maybe the build date as well? Would like to know if I should be cautious during my own Ex's break-in period. Cheers!

Happy for your husband's recovery and can share your sense of excitement, since I'm due to receive my Explorer sometime this week. Sucks that you have to wait even longer, but lucky no damage was done as a loss of power like that could have been catastrophic. Fingers crossed it's a quick and simple fix. Out of self-interest can you let us all know what specific model / engine and maybe the build date as well? Would like to know if I should be cautious during my own Ex's break-in period. Cheers!
Thank you.
It's a Limited, 3.5L TI-VCT engine.
To be honest, I don't know if there was any damage done. I'm hoping not. We did have to restart it after we got it in the lot as I realized we were partially blocking an exit to the drive-thru ATM ( bank parking lot). Scary, it shook like crazy! When the tow got there the driver asked us to start it, it turned over but didn't start.
Cautious, I tend to take it easy during break in. We weren't romping on it at all. We had just gotten a green light, made a left turn and stopped in the road for a vehicle turning right. When my husband got back on the gas, all hell broke loose.

Best of luck with yours!

EDIT: Just got a call from the service dept. The cam chain broke. Apparently one of the links wasn't crimped properly and broke. They are pulling the engine today and will then find out if it is catastrophic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back