• Register Today It's free!

Question before ordering.

mastersource

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer
I am about to go to the dealership to place my order for a 2014 and I have a question about paying. I have to special order to get the explorer I want and I want to know if people pay in full their down payment when they place the order or if they pay when they accept delivery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dealer will probably want a deposit when you order. In my case, it was $500. You should ask whether the deposit is refundable in case you change your mind or something changes in your life before the vehicle arrives.

I did the same, $500 deposit, then my down payment once the vehicle arrived.

That is good, I have 10K right now in the bank sitting and when the car arrives (Supposed to be 6 weeks ( I hope for 8)) I will have another 15K ready so I should be able to pay half of the car off and only need to take out a smaller loan. Anyone know if the down payment is different for an A plan ( which I have)?

Anyone know if the down payment is different for an A plan ( which I have)?

I don't know for sure, but I doubt that it is different. I used X plan, and it made no difference. Other than the initial deposit, it is your lender who determines the down payment requirements.

I used the A plan and put $200 down

Back