2019 explorer, thoughts, hopes? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 explorer, thoughts, hopes?

I've been looking at Explorer's hardcore for the past few months here in Wisconsin. Probably been to dealerships 10 times and have done countless hours of research. I virtually never see any 2WD Explorer's here in WI. If it's not 100% 4WD it's 95%+.

I'm driving a Chevy Trailblazer which is rear wheel drive. With a turn of the knob I'm in A4WD or full time 4WD. I can't imagine anyone would pass on a SUV with 4WD because it was first RWD. I don't see it any different than a truck. If you live in Texas and feel like RWD/2WD is enough, so be it, if you want/need 4WD because you live in snow, you get it. Simple. And a non-issue.
I have no problem with RWD bias. It’s what I’m currently driving...... If I had to pick between front and rear drive ONLY, and it wasn’t a fair weather sports car, I’d pick FWD every time, as will most people.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still don’t see it happening. The entire Explorer line will be AWD? Doubtful. Would be a terrible move. It’d price them out of a portion of the market, and hurt their precious fleet MPG ratings.

All info I have is RWD CD6 Platform for the 2020 model. It will still be unibody though.

I think we're beginning to combine posts for the 2020 Explorer with this thread on the 2019.

Peter

Back