2020 Explorer PIU | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer PIU

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the new body lines, yes a little Rover like. I have had a few issues with this vehicle , nothing major, would consider upgrading when the new model is out. Had an Acadia previously, not liking their styling at all the last couple of years, the Explorer to me just a nicer looking vehicle.

Not sure why the move back to RWD with this 2020. I really don't need AWD as I have with this one so fine by me front or rear just odd that after the big move to FWD by all manufacturers to now move back. Is there a rationale to that?

Not interested in a Hybrid, the math just never works on those unless the gov't is subsidizing your purchase, where I live the gov't has ended those subsidies. Doubt my buying a hybrid is going to save the world.

My niece had a new Rover two years ago, she loved the styling , kept it a year and had so many warranty issues with it dumped it. She said it was spending more time in the shop then in her driveway.

I like the new body lines, yes a little Rover like. I have had a few issues with this vehicle , nothing major, would consider upgrading when the new model is out. Had an Acadia previously, not liking their styling at all the last couple of years, the Explorer to me just a nicer looking vehicle.

Not sure why the move back to RWD with this 2020. I really don't need AWD as I have with this one so fine by me front or rear just odd that after the big move to FWD by all manufacturers to now move back. Is there a rationale to that?

Not interested in a Hybrid, the math just never works on those unless the gov't is subsidizing your purchase, where I live the gov't has ended those subsidies. Doubt my buying a hybrid is going to save the world.

My niece had a new Rover two years ago, she loved the styling , kept it a year and had so many warranty issues with it dumped it. She said it was spending more time in the shop then in her driveway.

Interesting comments about the RR warranty issues, I also have a friend who leased the 2018 RR Velar........turned it back in after 4 months too many warranty issues. I thought Landrover was supposed to be the best build quality there was?
Explorer is literally half the price and even with its issues, I wouldn't return it at this point.

Land Rover has always ranked at or near the bottom in most reliability reports I've seen.

Peter

Land Rover has always ranked at or near the bottom in most reliability reports I've seen.

Peter

Seeing that makes me sad. I remember thrashing the first and second gens of the discovery and the defender.

Didn't the LR3 have 2 chassis's? That just sounded nuts to me.

Anywhos, sorry to bang on off topic here, back to PIUs.

Back