2020 Explorer Transmission | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Transmission

I can only speak about 2020 but sport mode absolutely changes the suspension. Noticeably.
Do you mean you can only speak about the 2017? You don't have a 2020.

BTW, I looked at several articles regarding "Sport" mode and none of them mention anything about it affecting the suspension. They all fall in line with what blwnsmoke posted plus it tightens up the steering.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still driving my 2013 Sport with the 6 sp which has a "Learning" component; takes a number of trips to "settle in" on your particular driving style.
Does the 2020 10 Sp have a Learning Component?

I can only speak about 2020 but sport mode absolutely changes the suspension. Noticeably.

On the Aviator yes, but the Explorer does not have active suspension, there is no way the suspension can be altered electronically.

It absolutely does not change the suspension. As stated, only the Aviator has the adaptable suspension that can change.

Have not notice this on ours. Most smooth seamless shift I have ever encountered. Also hill performance in N. Idaho with several 6% grades to and from work are much better than my 2017 Explorer with a 6 speed.

Back