• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2020 Explorer Transmission

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I can only speak about 2020 but sport mode absolutely changes the suspension. Noticeably.
Do you mean you can only speak about the 2017? You don't have a 2020.

BTW, I looked at several articles regarding "Sport" mode and none of them mention anything about it affecting the suspension. They all fall in line with what blwnsmoke posted plus it tightens up the steering.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Milty

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain View, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport 402A
Still driving my 2013 Sport with the 6 sp which has a "Learning" component; takes a number of trips to "settle in" on your particular driving style.
Does the 2020 10 Sp have a Learning Component?

dstewart51

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Hughes, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KJ7E
I can only speak about 2020 but sport mode absolutely changes the suspension. Noticeably.

On the Aviator yes, but the Explorer does not have active suspension, there is no way the suspension can be altered electronically.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST

It absolutely does not change the suspension. As stated, only the Aviator has the adaptable suspension that can change.

b1b

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Callsign
b1b
Have not notice this on ours. Most smooth seamless shift I have ever encountered. Also hill performance in N. Idaho with several 6% grades to and from work are much better than my 2017 Explorer with a 6 speed.