• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

Camel24hrs

Reaction score
City, State
Minden, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
After reading all the issues with the 2020 Explorers I have to ask, does anybody have a 2020 that has not had an issue?
I realize that if someone has an issue they will rightfully post it. Just wondering if there are people on this forum who have one and are silent because they have not had any issues.
Picking up a Limited tomorrow for my wife and getting a little nervous. Did a search of the vin and have found this limited has been on dealer lot since July 2019. So one of the first to roll of the line.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After reading all the issues with the 2020 Explorers I have to ask, does anybody have a 2020 that has not had an issue?

Picked my ST end of Oct 19, Just over 14000km , no issues at all.
Yes I do have the rear deflector and tow hook missing.

Brian

Brian
Thanks Brian.

Brian
Wow, you had missing parts? Were they missing from the start or you lost them along the way?

Thanks Brian.

Wow, you had missing parts? Were they missing from the start or you lost them along the way?

Read thead

and

Brian

I realize that if someone has an issue they will rightfully post it. Just wondering if there are people on this forum who have one and are silent because they have not had any issues.
Picking up a Limited tomorrow for my wife and getting a little nervous. Did a search of the vin and have found this limited has been on dealer lot since July 2019. So one of the first to roll of the line.
First builds sometimes have issue. Most of the missing parts are not detrimental to the Vehicle performance like the ones mentions in this thread. Overall major issues have been slim.

I've had a 2020 Platinum since last September. Only issue was wiper blades that smeared. Dealer replaced them under warranty. No other issues except missing towing eye (don't care) and missing rear air deflector (don't care).

Picked up my Platinum in late November, -0- issues with transmission, electrical, engine, cooling system etc. Couple of minor things the dealer corrected, had them install the rear air defector and get me the towing eye since I have the fitment at the front bumper.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Don't forget that Forums like this usually are tilted toward those owners that have had issues/problems with their vehicles. Good luck.

Peter

T
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Don't forget that Forums like this usually are tilted toward those owners that have had issues/problems with their vehicles. Good luck.

Peter
thanks guys. Walking out the door to go do the deal. At least I know to check for towing eyes and wind deflector.

Had my XLT since March and have had zero major issues---only a missing insulation blanket and a spot of missing paint on the tailgate--both fixed by the dealer

Bought my XLT on July 5th last year. Early build.. The recalls didn't affect my vehicle. Have had no issues with it with only 8000 miles on it (thanks covid19). It's a dream to drive and a vast improvement over the' 15 it replaced.

T

thanks guys. Walking out the door to go do the deal. At least I know to check for towing eyes and wind deflector.
So how did it go?

Peter

So how did it go?

Peter

Went well. Sticker on door pillar said it was manufactured in May 2019. So of course it was missing the bottom wind deflector under the cargo area and no towing hook. Dealer will make good on that.

So far no issues. Transmission shifts smoothly, ride is very quiet, no rattles or strange noises. Had 74 miles when we bought it and up to about 300 now. In normal mode about 24 mpg mixed driving. Looks about 27 on highway. And that’s all driving in normal mode with auto start stop off.

Did try sport mode briefly. It sure changes up things quite a bit. Feels like a whole different vehicle. May use that mode in city traffic on interstate.

They offered me 600 off on premium care extended warranty. 7 years 100,000 miles and I took it. With all the computers and sensors and a new transmission to boot I feel like it was a good idea. Loan is zero percent for 60 months so it’s not like I am paying interest anyway. Put 24k down and made 3k on trade they had 7k off sticker so notes are not to bad.

Main thing is the wife is happy. And when Mamma is happy everyone is happy. Well at least for a few weeks anyway.

Just had to replace the O2 sensor when I bought it and no problems after that!

Back