• Register Today It's free!

2020 Platinum Tune?

ljn21

Reaction score
City, State
Tega Cay, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Any tunes available for the 2020 Platinum? Its the same engine as the ST (I think) so would a ST tune work on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's the same engine, just different HP and Torque numbers. I'm 'guessing' the same tunes would work but I'm sure someone will confirm.

Peter

I am using the Livernois tune on my Platinum, been running it for a few months now, I am pleased.

Yes we do offer tuning for the 2020 3.0L EcoBoost Explorer ST, Platinum, and Aviators which are currently on sale as well. Feel free to give us a shout if there's anything we can help you with.
313-561-5500

I am using the Livernois tune on my Platinum, been running it for a few months now, I am pleased.
Thank you very much for the kind words! Glad to hear you've been enjoying the tune.

Yes we do offer tuning for the 2020 3.0L EcoBoost Explorer ST, Platinum, and Aviators which are currently on sale as well. Feel free to give us a shout if there's anything we can help you with.
313-561-5500

Thank you very much for the kind words! Glad to hear you've been enjoying the tune.

I received my tune today for my ST, but the only one that downloaded was one that said 91-93.....is that the only one you get?? I called and the person who answered didn't have much info to pass on.

I've tuned a lot of cars, and this process was easy enough, but things aren't explained too well. Website references a towing tune, I didn't see that either. What was I supposed to receive? Starting to think I should have went 5 Star. I also never got an email saying it was ready for download, I got sick of waiting and plugged it in and the 91-93 downloaded but that's it.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I received my tune today for my ST, but the only one that downloaded was one that said 91-93.....is that the only one you get?? I called and the person who answered didn't have much info to pass on.

I've tuned a lot of cars, and this process was easy enough, but things aren't explained too well. Website references a towing tune, I didn't see that either. What was I supposed to receive? Starting to think I should have went 5 Star. I also never got an email saying it was ready for download, I got sick of waiting and plugged it in and the 91-93 downloaded but that's it.

Thank you for your order!

I am very sorry to hear of this. We had a couple hundred tune request emails come through in a very short period of time since our tuners are $100 off currently. So a few of my co-workers were helping to answer back to get everyone their tunes as quickly as possible to keep customers satisfied with the turn around times. Sounds like they did not send you our normal reply script with the full run down on tune installation and things of that nature that I normally send when responding to tune requests, my apologies for the inconvenience. I had to ask for help or it would have taken a week for everyone to get their tunes due to the recent sale In your request it asks which octane of fuel you'd like the tuns sent for, so if you said 91 or 93 they would have sent the tunes to match. But no worries we do also have an 87-89 tune for the Explorer ST and a more aggressive E30 tune that I would be more than happy to send you this morning. Please PM me your serial number and name or send us a reply to your tune request and I'll handle it right away for you. Thanks again for your business ans I hope you have a great day!

I am very sorry to hear of this. We had a couple hundred tune request emails come through in a very short period of time since our tuners are $100 off currently. So a few of my co-workers were helping to answer back to get everyone their tunes as quickly as possible to keep customers satisfied with the turn around times. Sounds like they did not send you our normal reply script with the full run down on tune installation and things of that nature that I normally send when responding to tune requests, my apologies for the inconvenience. I had to ask for help or it would have taken a week for everyone to get their tunes due to the recent sale In your request it asks which octane of fuel you'd like the tuns sent for, so if you said 91 or 93 they would have sent the tunes to match. But no worries we do also have an 87-89 tune for the Edge ST and a more aggressive E30 tune that I would be more than happy to send you this morning. Please PM me your serial number and name or send us a reply to your tune request and I'll handle it right away for you. Thanks again for your business ans I hope you have a great day!

Thanks to Livernois for the quick reply and resolution, they got me fixed up quickly, much appreciated. Now I just need to figure out how to mix me some e30 :)

I am very sorry to hear of this. We had a couple hundred tune request emails come through in a very short period of time since our tuners are $100 off currently. So a few of my co-workers were helping to answer back to get everyone their tunes as quickly as possible to keep customers satisfied with the turn around times. Sounds like they did not send you our normal reply script with the full run down on tune installation and things of that nature that I normally send when responding to tune requests, my apologies for the inconvenience. I had to ask for help or it would have taken a week for everyone to get their tunes due to the recent sale In your request it asks which octane of fuel you'd like the tuns sent for, so if you said 91 or 93 they would have sent the tunes to match. But no worries we do also have an 87-89 tune for the Edge ST and a more aggressive E30 tune that I would be more than happy to send you this morning. Please PM me your serial number and name or send us a reply to your tune request and I'll handle it right away for you. Thanks again for your business ans I hope you have a great day!
Thanks to Livernois for the quick reply and resolution, they got me fixed up quickly, much appreciated. Now I just need to figure out how to mix me some e30 :)

Now go and enjoy that Edge ST you got.. :snicker:

In all serious, report back your feelings on the tune. These things are amazing tuned, even on just 93.

You are very welcome, happy to help out!

Thank you very much for the kind words as well. I've attached a E30 blending chart that's able to give you a general idea of how much E85 and 93 premium fuel to blend. Keep in mind this chart is based off of a perfect scenario where the 93 is E10 and the E85 is actually E85 which vary rarely is the case getting fuel at the pumps. I've heard from people in multiple different areas that the E85 at the pump is even lower than it usually is in the spring. I've been told this could be partially due to Covid causing a ramp up in production of things like hand sanitizers that require ethanol. So we always suggest if getting E85 from the pump and not VP Racing or something of that nature to test the ethanol content before doing your math to be safe.

Attachments

• E30 blend chart.JPG
    E30 blend chart.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 260

You are very welcome, happy to help out!

Thank you very much for the kind words as well. I've attached a E30 blending chart that's able to give you a general idea of how much E85 and 93 premium fuel to blend. Keep in mind this chart is based off of a perfect scenario where the 93 is E10 and the E85 is actually E85 which vary rarely is the case getting fuel at the pumps. I've heard from people in multiple different areas that the E85 at the pump is even lower than it usually is in the spring. I've been told this could be partially due to Covid causing a ramp up in production of things like hand sanitizers that require ethanol. So we always suggest if getting E85 from the pump and not VP Racing or something of that nature to test the ethanol content before doing your math to be safe.
Good morning all
I used Livernois for 4 of my ecoboost vehicles
2011 F150 3.5L
2013 Taurus SHO 3.5L
2013 Flex 3.5L
2016 Explorer Sport 3.5L
However when I purchased our 2018 Expedition in May of 2018 I was told (By Livernois) that they did not yet have calibrations for it
I therefore went to 5 STAR
Very happy with them as well & used them for our 2020 Explorer ST
Have used the 93 octane daily driver tune & the E30 tune also
Had all of the calibrations I ordered set up so the trans gear would show up behind the PRND area all of the time
Also had all the calibrations setup so the trans would not skip any gears
Runs great with the 93 octane tune
Absoultely "RIPS" with the E30 Tune
75 Years Old today & Lovin it🤞

Good morning all
I used Livernois for 4 of my ecoboost vehicles
2011 F150 3.5L
2013 Taurus SHO 3.5L
2013 Flex 3.5L
2016 Explorer Sport 3.5L
However when I purchased our 2018 Expedition in May of 2018 I was told (By Livernois) that they did not yet have calibrations for it
I therefore went to 5 STAR
Very happy with them as well & used them for our 2020 Explorer ST
Have used the 93 octane daily driver tune & the E30 tune also
Had all of the calibrations I ordered set up so the trans gear would show up behind the PRND area all of the time
Also had all the calibrations setup so the trans would not skip any gears
Runs great with the 93 octane tune
Absoultely "RIPS" with the E30 Tune
75 Years Old today & Lovin it🤞
Mike,

Congrats on the new 2020 Explorer ST, but I am very sorry to hear you ended up going with another company after getting the Expedition. I thought this sounded familiar so I searched your info in our emails and I see you had actually posted about this last year on the F150 forum as well. Looks like you spoke with my wholesale department and there was some confusion on the new 10 speed trans capabilities and the tuner you had from the prior vehicles was unable to support the 10 speed trans module. We actually released tuning for them in November of 2017 with our newer devices and even have 50 state legal tunes for them with a CARB EO as well. So he was correct that the older tuner from your prior vehicle wouldn't work on the new 10 speed vehicles, but he must have not been aware that we did have tuning available for the Expedition with our newer model tuning devices. My apologies for any confusion his reply may have caused. Glad to hear you have been enjoying the new Explorer ST though, these trucks are indeed phenomenal especially when tuned. Feel free to give me a shout in the future if anything like this comes up since I deal with calibration the majority of my day here. Anthony @ 313-561-5500

Mike,

Congrats on the new 2020 Explorer ST, but I am very sorry to hear you ended up going with another company after getting the Expedition. I thought this sounded familiar so I searched your info in our emails and I see you had actually posted about this last year on the F150 forum as well. Looks like you spoke with my wholesale department and there was some confusion on the new 10 speed trans capabilities and the tuner you had from the prior vehicles was unable to support the 10 speed trans module. We actually released tuning for them in November of 2017 with our newer devices and even have 50 state legal tunes for them with a CARB EO as well. So he was correct that the older tuner from your prior vehicle wouldn't work on the new 10 speed vehicles, but he must have not been aware that we did have tuning available for the Expedition with our newer model tuning devices. My apologies for any confusion his reply may have caused. Glad to hear you have been enjoying the new Explorer ST though, these trucks are indeed phenomenal especially when tuned. Feel free to give me a shout in the future if anything like this comes up since I deal with calibration the majority of my day here. Anthony @ 313-561-5500
What's the hp and tq gain on an 2020 XLT w 2.3L ecoboost with a performance 91 octane tune? Also, can you enable all 10 speeds in the transmission? Had to buy a new tuner as I lost my old device and doing some comparisons.

What's the hp and tq gain on an 2020 XLT w 2.3L ecoboost with a performance 91 octane tune? Also, can you enable all 10 speeds in the transmission? Had to buy a new tuner as I lost my old device and doing some comparisons.
Thank you for reaching out!

I do not see anything listed for tuning the Explorer 2.3L in our database as of yet unfortunately. Normally I would ask if you were local and would like to bring down the vehicle for dyno tuning , but I see your location says CA so not very close to Michigan. We've usually stuck with the most popular models like the 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.5L N/A, and now the 3.0L EcoBoost. I'll ask the calibrators if there's something they could do for you though just to be sure.

Well I've had the chance to drive around on my Livernois tune now, and I'm very pleased. Car has a noticable amount of added power.havent done any hard launches or anything like that, but very pleased. At the sale price this is one heck of a performance bargain. Going to give the e30 a whirl once this tank of gas depletes.

I have a platinum and only find tunes and stuff for ST so my question, will the tune gives the platinum same HP of the ST and also is there any chance to get better MPG with the tune or is it worse?

I have a platinum and only find tunes and stuff for ST so my question, will the tune gives the platinum same HP of the ST and also is there any chance to get better MPG with the tune or is it worse?
The Platinum has the same engine as the ST. I'm not into tunes but I would think that what is available for the ST would also work on the Platinum. As for better gas mileage, that is always up to the driver and how he/she drives. Usually with a tune and more HP, I would guess that using that increased power may lower your MPG.

Peter

Back