2020 ST ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST ordered

For some reason I'm not getting updates to the forum posts but I'd like to clarify, is the entire plant down for production of 2020 explorers? I ordered an ST almost a month ago and they still do not have any info on it from the dealership. While it seems like other people have posted that they have received VINS and production dates? Am I reading the posts wrong or is it specific to version? Little comfused here. Thank you.

Production does not start till May 6th. And only dealer stock orders will be built when production starts up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Magnetic now pushed to June 6th.

Still no VIN on the Blue.

Magnetic was been pushed up to May 31st for a build. Still no VIN on the Atlas Blue.

Magnetic will be the 2,500th rolled off the assembly line. This is a dealer stock unit.

Magnetic was been pushed up to May 31st for a build. Still no VIN on the Atlas Blue.

Magnetic will be the 2,500th rolled off the assembly line. This is a dealer stock unit.

Thanks for the update, blwnsmoke. It's encouraging to see production of your Magnetic ST happening sooner than anticipated. Likely indicates that things are going well with reconfiguration of the Chicago Assembly Plant.

My Atlas Blue now has a VIN. It is being built the week of June 17th.

Any word on Lucid red? Dealer still doesn't have an update...ordered mid March.

Any word on Lucid red? Dealer still doesn't have an update...ordered mid March.

If you have questions on your own order, please post them in your own order thread to keep things organized and clean.

On a side note, orders are tracked by order number and dealer code until a VIN is assigned.. not sure why you are asking about the color because that has nothing to do with the building of a vehicle.

My order was placed on Jan 19th far earlier then yours with a mid June build. If you are looking for updates, contact your dealer as only Ford employees can look it up.

If you have questions on your own order, please post them in your own order thread to keep things organized and clean.

On a side note, orders are tracked by order number and dealer code until a VIN is assigned.. not sure why you are asking about the color because that has nothing to do with the building of a vehicle.

My order was placed on Jan 19th far earlier then yours with a mid June build. If you are looking for updates, contact your dealer as only Ford employees can look it up.
Wow. Gee. Sorry for stepping on your thread. Lesson learned.

Wow. Gee. Sorry for stepping on your thread. Lesson learned.

I've deleted over 30 replies in here just to keep it on topic. It has nothing to do with stepping on my thread, more about keeping them on topic and organized. No reason to be talking about license plate brackets in OH and Canada (for example) when it has nothing to do with the topic thread. This goes for anyone's thread, not just mine.

Everybody is welcome to start their order thread and update as often as possible so we can see how everything is going with all of us.

I received my VIN today for my agate black ST and my build is scheduled for may 20th. very excited!
When did you place the order and how long after was your order confirmation?

If anyone wants an Atlas Blue with Track Pack, one will be available lol.

I just reordered one today in Magnetic as the Zone Rep (dou-che) would not change the color for me. I guess this will push me back till late July or August but as they say... happy wife... happy life.

Well my 3rd order lol that was placed last week is being built July 26th. Looks like a 1 month setback.. oh well.

Crossing my fingers for a 3rd Quarter PCO to apply towards it now.

Although I'm likely looking at a 2021, the Build & Price feature isn't even available on the Canadian site yet.:( I hope there are no more delays for yours.

Peter

Although I'm likely looking at a 2021, the Build & Price feature isn't even available on the Canadian site yet.:( I hope there are no more delays for yours.

Peter

Shouldn't be.. getting everything my wife wants. Going to laugh when the Blue comes in and I get pics of it and my wife changes her mind again lol.

Peter
I have asked Ford Canada TWICE when they will activate the Build & Price. No response at all from them. Underwhelming to say the least.

I have asked Ford Canada TWICE when they will activate the Build & Price. No response at all from them. Underwhelming to say the least.
I also asked twice and received a response each time although the replies weren't very helpful.

Peter

When did you place the order and how long after was your order confirmation?
Jan 20th was when i placed it, and about a week or so i wanna say? Build date was pushed to may 24th, was just told my ETA end date was June 2nd, hoping that OK to buy is given soon, and would love a late june delivery as a birthday present

Well my 1st (dealer stock) order arrived today in MI. Not taking this one as previously said.

@peterk9 so Ford mounted the front license plate. They are not supposed to.. so I assume the one I am going to get will have it too.

42139.jpeg
42141.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so front plate holder is factory installed not dealer installed?

Back