2021 3.3 Interceptor Cold Air Intake (CAI) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 3.3 Interceptor Cold Air Intake (CAI)

88jokers

Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer interceptor
Morning folks.
I have 21 explorer interceptor, it was ordered with the 3.3 ( not my decision, my company’s) Does anyone make a cold air intake for these? I have found some for the F150 3.3 but don’t think or not sure it will work for the explorer. Any one have one????

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
There are several posts that indicate a CAI isn't of much use unless combined with a 'tune'. I have neither so can't verify that but I don't believe anyone has added a CAI to a 2021 Explorer.
Have a look at this post. Cold Air Intake XLT?
Another member mentioned K&N has one and I just asked the member to confirm that they have one for his 2021 XLT.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
There are several posts that indicate a CAI isn't of much use unless combined with a 'tune'. I have neither so can't verify that but I don't believe anyone has added a CAI to a 2021 Explorer.
Have a look at this post. Cold Air Intake XLT?
Another member mentioned K&N has one and I just asked the member to confirm that they have one for his 2021 XLT.

Peter
I am finding after A rather lengthy Google search that no one either really makes one or no one has tried to retrofit one from another vehicle. I know AFE makes one for the Ford F150 with the 3.3 I guess I need to take a close look at it and to see if it’s something that could be retrofitted onto the explorer. I couldn’t find anything for the 3.3 or the 3.3 hybrid other than k&n does have something listed but I’m not sure that it will work. Thank you for the reply!

Back