2021 Explorer PIU

PoliceInterceptor

Reaction score
City, State
Hillsborough, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Police
Hello All,
I need to disconnect the wiring connection(s) of a 2021 Explorer PIU Front Driver door (Connectors C3205/C3206 at the door hinge) from the Main Engine wiring harness. When I attempted to separate the Front Driver Door connections I encountered an additional single continuous wire (No Connector...See attached Photo.) that travels from the Engine area into the Driver Door. This wire is not present on Non-PIU Explorers. I researched other avenues including the Ford Wiring Diagrams about this wire and could not find any additional info about this. At first look I do not visually see any way to easily disconnect the continuous wire. Before disassembling the driver door panel or diving into the Engine area has anyone ever encountered this and is there a separate connection behind the door panel or engine area? Thanks for any help.

100_3165.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Doesn’t look factory. Might be added from a previous build for warning lights on the mirrors.

Doesn’t look factory. Might be added from a previous build for warning lights on the mirrors.
My thoughts also. It's becoming apparent that I will need to remove the inner door panel. I'm hoping that when I remove the panel I will find a connector. Thanks for responding.

My thoughts also. It's becoming apparent that I will need to remove the inner door panel. I'm hoping that when I remove the panel I will find a connector. Thanks for responding.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

If you don't find a connector, just add one. Electronics suppliers like Digikey are a good place to get practically any connector type that exists, and in decent quality contrasted with the generic chinese junk often found on ebay or amazon.

Back