• Register Today It's free!

2021 ST Badge

Jamesbond4149

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Can you remove the ST badge on the front 'glossy grille"? If so, how can it be done?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you remove the ST badge on the front 'glossy grille"? If so, how can it be done?

It's molded in. I covered my red badge with black carbon fiber wrap to make it much less noticeable.

st_badge.jpg

I pulled the front and back off mine of right away. just use some thin sting and ran it behind the badge and pulled down slow but firm. the sad part is what is underneath. see pic.... but to be truthful I don't see it as much as I did when I first pulled it off.

stbadge.jpg

Just get a platinum grille and repaint it gloss black. It's the same design as the ST grille with out the badge and in chrome

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!?

I looked into this when I was buying my ST, but the cost of the grilles I saw where more then I have to spend right now. Do you have to remove the whole bumper cover to replace the grille?

Just get a platinum grille and repaint it gloss black. It's the same design as the ST grille with out the badge and in chrome

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!?

I looked into this when I was buying my ST, but the cost of the grilles I saw where more then I have to spend right now. Do you have to remove the whole bumper cover to replace the grille?
I'm not sure what pictures you are talking about? If you want to see the Platinum grille you should be able to see a few in the 'Picture' thread.
I don't know about the 6th gen but here is a thread on removing the grille on the 5th gen. How to: - 2011+ Grille Removal with pictures

Peter

It's molded in. I covered my red badge with black carbon fiber wrap to make it much less noticeable.

View attachment 329171

We live about 5 miles from the Ford Desert Proving Grounds. One day I was grabbing tacos from the local food truck when a guy in a Ford shirt starting looking all around our ST. He asked, is this really an ST? I said yes, I just removed the badge from the tailgate and masked the one in front. He said this is so cool, you should bring this by the proving grounds! I said I appreciate the compliment, but I don't think they would let me through the gate. One of the guys he was with said, "he's new here from Detroit, you're right you wouldn't get through the front gate".

I could tell he was new. Before he checked out the ST he was taking cell phone shots of the desert around the food truck. The desert in that area isn't very scenic. He had probably just got picked up from the airport.🤣

Got a raptor grille waiting for when my ST arrives :)

Where did you get the Blk carbon wrap? How's it holding up over the badge? Thxs

I bought it on Amazon. It's still on there, and it looks as good as it did when I first posted. No issues. It just takes a steady hand, and sharp blade to cut the wrap.

Got a raptor grille waiting for when my ST arrives :)

If you are installing it yourself put up a how to thread and I'll set you up with an extension of your Elite membership:chug:

If you are installing it yourself put up a how to thread and I'll set you up with an extension of your Elite membership:chug:

Sorry, a buddy of mine will be doing it :) I am planning him to film it and also the install of the exhaust, but more in a timelapse fashion.

First things first.. The bloody car has to be delivered and i fear it will be months and months before Ford ships it to the dealer. Been waiting for over 2 months now in the harbor in Antwerp to get the 'roofrails replaced'..

Back