Removing ST badge on rear. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing ST badge on rear.

Mikey*TX

Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST Star White
Has anyone removed the ST emblem at the rear ? It looks to be 2 sided tape only. Are there any guide pins ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stick on. Can use a hair dryer and dental floss to remove it

Thank you ! Am I correct that most here remove it ? Imho, it looks like an afterthought on Fo Mo Co's part.

I think I have seen 1 person remove it. I actually like it so I have kept mine

I applied a black overlay with the Ford name in black.

:laugh: Oh well ......... Mine just got spritzed with the debadging solution used by our maintenance facility to remove the Ellis Co Sheriff logos from soon to be out to pasture patrol units. They go to warrants, p&p officers, etc. Not much left when they are finished with them. :) County R&B has some hand me down Crown Vics. :rolleyes: Can't imagine how shot the underpinnings are. Some of them have had the frames racked innumerable times.

Well, that took all of about 15 min. The majority of which was letting the adhesive dissolver do it's thing. Rinsed off the area afterwards. Looks so much better. Why Ford, after doing such a great job with their blackout treatment, stuck a chrome and red badge on the back of the Explorer is beyond me. I'm going to have it painted semi gloss black then reinstall it.

Sits higher now. Hard to believe that little piece of plastic could weigh that much ..........
rofl.gif

Back