• Register Today It's free!

2022 explorer cruise buttons

Chipduker

Reaction score
City, State
Clark,sd
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 explorer xlt
Purchased a new 2022 explorer xlt several months ago. While driving at night first time realized the switches in steering wheel were not illuminated. After checking with dealership I was told no 2022 Explorers have the buttons that light up. I’ve owned many new ford products in past and this is the first vehicle I can remember where these switches did not light up when instrument lights were on. Also discovered no more glove box light either. Very disappointing when spending 50k on a new vehicle. Any body else discovered this? I have gotten used to the cruise switch’s not being lit up but switches on right side of wheel are hard to use at night.

The glove box light was discontinued some time ago. 2021 model I think. As far as the steering wheel light I don't have an answer and have not heard any thing about it.

Never paid attention, I just checked mine and my steering wheel buttons are illuminated, but not the glovebox. I have a 22 ST-Line.

Purchased a new 2022 explorer xlt several months ago. While driving at night first time realized the switches in steering wheel were not illuminated. After checking with dealership I was told no 2022 Explorers have the buttons that light up. I’ve owned many new ford products in past and this is the first vehicle I can remember where these switches did not light up when instrument lights were on. Also discovered no more glove box light either. Very disappointing when spending 50k on a new vehicle. Any body else discovered this? I have gotten used to the cruise switch’s not being lit up but switches on right side of wheel are hard to use at night.
Welcome to the Forum Chip. :wave:
I don't know if the Explorer is the same as my Aviator but my cruise control buttons only light up when I press the 'Cruise' button on the wheel. All other switches are lit up.

Peter

Back