2022 Ford Explorer dome light fuse | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Ford Explorer dome light fuse

MIchael McDonald

Reaction score
City, State
Frederick
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Platinum Hybrid Exp
I just purchased a 2022 Platinum Hybrid Explorer, and the dome lights don't come on, and I cannot program the garage door openers. I took it back to the dealer a day and a half after picking it up, but had to settle for an appointment with the service department (not until March 29 - unreal!). It may just be a fuse but the fuse diagram does not indicate which fuse is responsible for this. The moonroof opens, so it is not those two fuses. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Michael. :wave:
At one time the fuse listing used to show 'Demand' lamps and 'Courtesy' lamps but with each new model year, more and more listings seem to disappear or are perhaps integrated into some modules.
Do the dome lights come on at all with either opening the doors (courtesy) or by their individual switches (demand)? Have you checked that the interior light intensity control is not set all the way down to the point where is has turned them OFF?
The garage door opener may not be connected to the dome light issue but just the way your programming it. One suggestion I have is to always delete all unsuccessful attempts.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Michael. :wave:
At one time the fuse listing used to show 'Demand' lamps and 'Courtesy' lamps but with each new model year, more and more listings seem to disappear or are perhaps integrated into some modules.
Do the dome lights come on at all with either opening the doors (courtesy) or by their individual switches (demand)? Have you checked that the interior light intensity control is not set all the way down to the point where is has turned them OFF?
The garage door opener may not be connected to the dome light issue but just the way your programming it. One suggestion I have is to always delete all unsuccessful attempts.

Peter
Thanks Peter, the dome lights do not come on at all, the 'lock' does not illuminate, and the ambient lighting is on, but nothing will trigger any of the dome lights (doors or manually). Also, the garage door programming has a light that will blink when held for programming, and the light does not come on (for garage door or home automation).

Thanks Peter, the dome lights do not come on at all, the 'lock' does not illuminate, and the ambient lighting is on, but nothing will trigger any of the dome lights (doors or manually). Also, the garage door programming has a light that will blink when held for programming, and the light does not come on (for garage door or home automation).
Same issue here with a 2022 base/fleet model. No dome lights whatsoever (via door or switch). I do not have homelink buttons, but the buttons for the dome lights are not illuminating either nor is the vanity lights beside the mirrors in the sun visors…. Cannot find any fuses with labels indicating they are for interior/dome/curtesy lighting, anyone have ideas?

Same issue here with a 2022 base/fleet model. No dome lights whatsoever (via door or switch). I do not have homelink buttons, but the buttons for the dome lights are not illuminating either nor is the vanity lights beside the mirrors in the sun visors…. Cannot find any fuses with labels indicating they are for interior/dome/curtesy lighting, anyone have ideas?
I contacted Ford yesterday and they could not assist, told me to take it to my dealer - I have an appointment but not until March 29. I did a battery reset yesterday, per the dealer's recommendations, but no change in the 'no lights' issue.

Welcome to the Forum Jon.
1646235658883.png

Peter

Do civilian models have "dark mode"? The symptoms certainly sound like it.

Do civilian models have "dark mode"? The symptoms certainly sound like it.
No, they do not, but I believe the feature might be available through the use of FORScan.

Peter

I would start by checking ALL fuses. Just because something is marked as being responsible for X doesn't necessarily mean it's not ALSO responsible for Y.

0981836D-5A06-4C8F-AE28-F2249659FE29.jpeg

Found the issue with mine. Above the headliner, driver’s side, about an inch in from the sun visor arm mount. Ground wire was pulled out from 3 others and appears to have been sonic welded or something and heat shrinked. Reconnected wire and everything works as it should. 👌🏼

View attachment 427671
Found the issue with mine. Above the headliner, driver’s side, about an inch in from the sun visor arm mount. Ground wire was pulled out from 3 others and appears to have been sonic welded or something and heat shrinked. Reconnected wire and everything works as it should. 👌🏼
Same issue just started on my 2020 Explorer Platinum. Noticed the garage door button not working first and then realized no dome lights

Same issue just started on my 2020 Explorer Platinum. Noticed the garage door button not working first and then realized no dome lights
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do the map lights work? Do the visor lights for the mirrors work or is the visor completely dead? As for the dome/interior lights, they usually have 2 ways of operation. Either courtesy (open door) or demand (using their switch). Do they not work in either configuration?

Peter

I have the exact same issue as Suave. The map lights, visor lights & dome lights all suddenly do not work. Also the garage door operator no longer works. Any suggestions? There is no reference to dome lights on the fuse diagram.

Hi Suave. Did you ever resolve your issue? I have the exact same vehicle (model, year, trim) & just started having this issue a week ago.

I have the exact same issue as Suave. The map lights, visor lights & dome lights all suddenly do not work. Also the garage door operator no longer works. Any suggestions? There is no reference to dome lights on the fuse diagram.
Just to confirm, the map lights don't come on when the door opens or when their switch is used? Almost looks like a connection issue. More and more fuses seem to be replaced by modules. I think the BCM (Body Control Module) may govern things like this.

Peter

Just to confirm, the map lights don't come on when the door opens or when their switch is used? Almost looks like a connection issue. More and more fuses seem to be replaced by modules. I think the BCM (Body Control Module) may govern things like this.

Peter
Correct. Map lights do not come on. No dome lights. No garage door operator

Correct. Map lights do not come on. No dome lights. No garage door operator
Thanks. In some of the 5th gen Explorers there was a fuse for the Courtesy lights and one for the Demand lights. The published fuse lists seem to be getting shorter and shorter.

Peter

I drove off the lot thinking I didn't have a vanity light due to some setting... No dome lights, vanity mirror light, and garage home link wouldn't work. Dealership said the control module needed to be changed. It took a day to complete the work and I was called back to pick up. As I was driving off the right turn signal was not working. They changed the bulb and tried several different things before they put me in a loaner. That was just over 30 days ago. See photos of my brand new car several days ago. No end in sight. Ready to squeeze this big juicy lemon.

20220924_125952.jpg 20220924_130134.jpg

I drove off the lot thinking I didn't have a vanity light due to some setting... No dome lights, vanity mirror light, and garage home link wouldn't work. Dealership said the control module needed to be changed. It took a day to complete the work and I was called back to pick up. As I was driving off the right turn signal was not working. They changed the bulb and tried several different things before they put me in a loaner. That was just over 30 days ago. See photos of my brand new car several days ago. No end in sight. Ready to squeeze this big juicy lemon.

View attachment 435178 View attachment 435179
After taking mine to the dealer & them putting their expert technician on it, they discovered that the vanity mirror itself was faulty & shorting. Ordered new vanity mirror & replaced. Fixed my issue. Thank goodness I had purchased the extended warranty as this was over $400 cost otherwise!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back