• Register Today It's free!

2022 order bank

Rocky4369

Reaction score
City, State
WEST CALDWELL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 XLT
Anyone know when 2022 order banks open for Explorers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The schedule currently shows;
2021 final order date - 6/25/21
2022 order acceptance - 7/12/21, scheduling - 8/19/21, production start-up - 10/11/21.
All dates are estimated and subject to change.

Peter

So order acceptance is July 12. When does the order book come out? I guess my main question at this point is what if any changes are being made to the 2022? Specifically regarding the infotainment setup and sync 4.

My guess is that the Order Guide may be available sometime around the middle of June. I haven't seen anything that indicates any significant changes. I did find this article but I don't know how factual it is since it doesn't mention the Timberline model or mention Sync 4. 2022 Ford Explorer – What is New? - Ford Tips It appears to be more of a repeat of the 2020 model.

Peter

My guess is that the Order Guide may be available sometime around the middle of June. I haven't seen anything that indicates any significant changes. I did find this article but I don't know how factual it is since it doesn't mention the Timberline model or mention Sync 4. 2022 Ford Explorer – What is New? - Ford Tips It appears to be more of a repeat of the 2020 model.

Peter
thanks for the thought. Yeah I've seen those generic articles before. They never seem to be right. And I find it hard to believe they had all those details back in October of 2020. Which is right when the 2021 was hitting the dealers. I appreciate the research though.

Latest update.

• 06/25/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 07/22/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/08/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  • 07/12/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/12/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/11/2021- 2022MY Job #1 Date

If those dates are close to accurate, the order guide should be available soon. The order bank open in just a month and 2 days.

If those dates are close to accurate, the order guide should be available soon. The order bank open in just a month and 2 days.
That’s what I’m very interested to see. Anxiously awaiting.

blwnsmoke, thank you for the updates. Much appreciated.

This was from Ford 1 week ago to dealers.

This was from Ford 1 week ago to dealers.
Evidently Ford really wants late model used cars. I have a fleet company 2018 Explorer. Normally we keep them until they hit 85,000 miles. With the last year and a half of Covid we have obviously not been driving nearly as much as usual, so I only have 59,000 on mine. Three weeks ago my company sent me an order form to order a 2021 Explore. Since the supply issues have affected new car production, Ford made a deal to buy back all our company cars and order new ones. So they get the sale of all our new vehicles, and with the spike in used car pricing they will get to resell those as well.
The big question is how long it will take to get the new cars….

I don't know if Fleet orders follow the same timetable or not. If they do, then you might be looking at sometime in mid to late December. If not then, January since production usually stops for the Christmas break.

Peter

22 order bank is open. I placed an order a few days ago. Production said to begin in November based on the current timeline.

22 order bank is open. I placed an order a few days ago. Production said to begin in November based on the current timeline.
What’s different on the 22 ?

Here you guys go 2022 Explorer Order Guide

removed captain chairs center row console, now comes with class IV trailer package rather than class III. Not much else is really different.

It looks like the ST is available in RWD.
Yeah I think you get just rwd if you get the enthusiast package. Which is pretty much just the ST from an engine and power standpoint without all the extra features and fluff.

At the bottom is it showing the Platinum in 400 HP ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back