• Register Today It's free!

2022 Roof Rack Cross Bars

Cherry Blossom

Reaction score
City, State
Oro Valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer Limited
I did a quick search but didn't see much for newer models. I'm looking to add roof rack cross bars to transport my kayak. I like the look of factory ones that attach to the rails without the overhang like the Yakima's. Has anybody added roof rack cross bars? Did you go with OEM or aftermarket?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use the aftermarket Thule system below on my 2021 Platinum for hauling small loads of hardwood lumber.
  1. TH503 Thule Load Stops for Load Bars (Qty 4)
  2. TH712500 Thule SquareBar Evo Crossbars - Steel - 60" Long - Qty 2
  3. TH450R Rapid Crossroad Feet for Thule Crossbars - Raised Railing - Qty 4
  4. TH521 Thule Load Strap Cinch Straps w/ Padded Cam Buckles - 9' - 750 lbs - Qty 2
Not my vehicle but here's an idea of that it looks like.
It's not on the vehicle unless I'm hauling something.
1664315195361.png

II did a quick search but didn't see much for newer models. I'm looking to add roof rack cross bars to transport my kayak. I like the look of factory ones that attach to the rails without the overhang like the Yakima's. Has anybody added roof rack cross bars? Did you go with OEM or aftermarket?
I got this set from Amazon because it didn't stick out over the rails:
Amazon product ASIN B09NR6YPW8
They have worked fine, although with the non-parallel roof rails on the Explorer it could be harder to adjust the spacing if I ever needed to do that. I notice no change in wind noise with these streamlined bars, either. Alas, the ones I bought seem to be currently unavailable, though.

I'm looking to add a FRONT RUNNER Roof Rack system after I put a hitch on.. Someday..

I did a quick search but didn't see much for newer models. I'm looking to add roof rack cross bars to transport my kayak. I like the look of factory ones that attach to the rails without the overhang like the Yakima's. Has anybody added roof rack cross bars? Did you go with OEM or aftermarket?
Just keep in mind the following.

1664550966398.png

Peter

Back