• Register Today It's free!

Roof Rack cross bars

leftlane36

Reaction score
City, State
maynardville tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer XLT 4X4
Did any gen 3s come with the cross bars for the roof rack. Or where can I find some that will fit on our '03. I just think that it is nuts that they are not on there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's not nuts...none of us use our racks...mine didn't have the cross bars when I got her used and I prefer the look w/o them.

I would check ebay or see if anyone wants to sell there's. I'll see if my mom wants to get rid of the ones on hers since she hates having them on when it snows.

Triton I might have located some. I dont want them to have them on all the time just part time. I have always used them to strap the fishing rods to when we are going on long camping or road trips. I have broke to dang many rods by hoping they were safe and then something get thrown on top of them. Plus any body in the back seat seem to fuss about them sticking out above their heads. Maybe I can just put the passengers on the roof.....hang on tight or stay home. :burnout:

If you get the cross bars new from dealer don't forget to get the eyehooks. The factory eyehooks on the side rails are too short. If you get them from boneyard or from an individual be sure to take them off the vehicles. Mines didn't come with cross rails and I bought them from dealer. During installation I realized it need the longer eyehooks. I use my roof rack to for my ski racks. Cross rails also great to support roof pack that holds my tent and camping stuff.

Thanks xlt I will have to watch for that. Im like you mine will only be part time use. I doubt they will even stay on when not in use

My '05 EB came with them. I understand it was a factory option that few people opted for. Fortunately for me the previous owner did opt for them, although truth be told I've never used them. And they are a pain during waxing and snow removal.

My '05 EB came with them. I understand it was a factory option that few people opted for. Fortunately for me the previous owner did opt for them, although truth be told I've never used them. And they are a pain during waxing and snow removal.

I couldn't have said it any better. I never use mine & cuss them out during waxing and snow removal. But I like having them. Go figure. :dunno:

Back