2024 FORD POLICE INTERCEPTOR UTILITY SPOTTED FOR FIRST TIME | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2024 FORD POLICE INTERCEPTOR UTILITY SPOTTED FOR FIRST TIME

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I soo want the easy drop in ballistic door inserts like my old Sport body. Old ones dropped in through the window seal. New ones mount to the door frame. Cant get a definitive that they work in consumer door panels. Anyone know?

Guessing the upfitters will be happy that the front end will remain the same from a cost/design stand point and for agencies for switch outs in their fleets. @Sgt1411 thoughts?

Guessing the upfitters will be happy that the front end will remain the same from a cost/design stand point and for agencies for switch outs in their fleets. @Sgt1411 thoughts?
Absolutely they would prefer it to stay the same, but in Ford's defence they are pretty good about bringing in all the aftermarket upfitters before the changes are made public so the aftermarket upfitters have a head start. Im hearing the changes on all Explorers will likely be 2025 MY not 2024. We will know shortly, Police Fleet Expo is August 14-18 in NOLA so we might see new product at the show. I can post photos if there is anything new.

Just got back from Police Fleet Expo in New Orleans

Ford, GM, and Dodge all do a Manufacturers Update session where they explain what the production plans are for the upcoming year.

Ford says 2024 Model Year of Explorer and PIU will be No Change at all. 2024 will be what is called a "VIN Roll" year where they will use it as a catch up year to fill all the orders that were not filled in 2023. The orders are price protected so no upcharge. If you or your agency had orders cancelled or unfilled you will get a 2024 in place of your ordered 2023 at no extra charge. The only caveat is the 2024 build year will be short because they will start to build refreshed 2025 in summer/fall of 2024.

2025 PIU gets new front/rear clip plus new interior with 8" screen, I will attach some screen shots of the Ford PowerPoint presentation.

Also for 2025 Ford took 3 big options and made them standard so Agencies that dont get extra money to buy them can say they are now standard in the vehicle. Police Perimeter Alert, Police Idle, Police Dark Car Feature.

GM had the new Blazer there its pretty cool looking and bigger than I thought. A big 6' male can fit in front and back seat no issues. The only issue iI see is there is very little room for cargo. Its one of those you have to see it yourself to form an accurate opinion.

PPV Tahoe sales are double previous years and 2023 sold out, they think 2024 MY will sell out in a few weeks. The Tahoe refresh also got pushed to 2025MY

I drove the Silverado PPV and was blown away how well its engineered for pursuit, its going to give the F150 Responder a run for its money.

Dodge was there but they only have the Durango Pursuit and 2023MY last production year of Charger Pursuit, they kind of alluded to 2024 as being a down year for them but watch for new vehicles to come for 2025 model year. Most of the audience was kind of ....."WTF you just decided corporately to abandon Police for a year?" The stories of Fleet Managers waiting a year for Durango brake parts was unbelievable, but apparently the supplier of Durango brake parts went into receivership or lost most of their employees so they could not produce parts. It sounded ridiculous

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6209 2.jpeg

IMG_6211.jpeg

IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6214.jpeg

That Police Perimeter Alert is pretty cool!

Back