'21 No Longer Included Items or Missing? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'21 No Longer Included Items or Missing?

Not plastic. Foam. Just gets in the way, and does nothing for sound attenuation.
Would you mind taking a picture of yours and posting it you say it’s made of foam ? … The engine cover is made of hard plastic. I would like to see what you’re talking about when you say it’s made of foam.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG_0323[1].JPG
IMG_0322[1].JPG
IMG_0324[1].JPG
IMG_0326[1].JPG

IMG_0323[1].JPG

IMG_0322[1].JPG

IMG_0324[1].JPG

IMG_0326[1].JPG

Uhm...ended up putting some of the pics in multiple times. A computer guru I'm not.

You'll readily see how soft the rubber foam is by how easy it is to pinch and deform. Pretty thick chunk of preformed foam.

Not plastic. Foam. Just gets in the way, and does nothing for sound attenuation.
Uhm...ended up putting some of the pics in multiple times. A computer guru I'm not.

You'll readily see how soft the rubber foam is by how easy it is to pinch and deform. Pretty thick chunk of preformed foam.
😂

Quickfix - Is that an MGB in the background? Fun cars when they run. I had a 78 and 79. I think the 79 just strained oil as it leaked everywhere. Funny that the ergonomics (steering, pedals, gearshift) in those was better than some modern cars.

Quickfix - Is that an MGB in the background? Fun cars when they run. I had a 78 and 79. I think the 79 just strained oil as it leaked everywhere. Funny that the ergonomics (steering, pedals, gearshift) in those was better than some modern cars.

Yup! Bee's a 77. Runs extremely well.
I rebuilt the engine with a somewhat higher lift cam, bearings, rings and such right in my garage. I installed a descent Weber DGAS Bandit carburetor, nice intake and older style exhaust manifold.
The head had about 1/8" layer of coke/carbon built up in the combustion chamber. PBO (Previous Bloody Owner) had aligned the piston rings for maximum crankcase blow by. Cleaned that up, rings staggered properly, and can now run regular 87 octane gas without detonation. Burns no oil.
As you say, the ****pit is extremely well sorted, and is a pleasure to drive.

Bee's my summer runabout.
The convertible Mustang's my long distance vacation cruiser, and the Explorer is the winter beater, grocery getter and my trio's stationwagon. Perfect size for my upright bass, amp, and all the other band instruments, PA, and such.

Yup! Bee's a 77. Runs extremely well.
I rebuilt the engine with a somewhat higher lift cam, bearings, rings and such right in my garage. I installed a descent Weber DGAS Bandit carburetor, nice intake and older style exhaust manifold.
The head had about 1/8" layer of coke/carbon built up in the combustion chamber. PBO (Previous Bloody Owner) had aligned the piston rings for maximum crankcase blow by. Cleaned that up, rings staggered properly, and can now run regular 87 octane gas without detonation. Burns no oil.
As you say, the ****pit is extremely well sorted, and is a pleasure to drive.

Bee's my summer runabout.
The convertible Mustang's my long distance vacation cruiser, and the Explorer is the winter beater, grocery getter and my trio's stationwagon. Perfect size for my upright bass, amp, and all the other band instruments, PA, and such.
Not to get too far OT, but my 78 had a Weber downdraft that replaced the single stromberg, the 79 had the old carb setup with 2 strombergs and the 4-2-1 exhaust. That one ran really well, in spite of the oil leaks. Mine were both blue, different shades though.

I also had a 89 Mustang GT and a 06 Mustang Pony convertible. They were fun too, but you were going lose-you-license fast when you were having fun. Not really a problem with the Bs. I also have a 11 SHO which is by far, the most powerful (and fastest) car I've had (so far). :D

It's also missing a front washer, lights in the glove compartment and center console, among other things vs previous year :p

Back