22 limited rear camera washer not connected | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22 limited rear camera washer not connected

It was posted by member blwnsmoke. I don't know where he found it but that would explain why your dealer said that your VIN doesn't show your Explorer having it. Another mid-cycle deletion. It also makes me wonder if your dealer will be reimbursed for the parts/labour.

Peter
At the original service appointment that was mentioned by the tech. They had to see if it would be covered. But then the service manager told me he ordered the parts and would make it right. I’m not sure how the reimbursement will be handled on their end. I have a wonderful small locally owned dealership. They have gone above and beyond for me many times over the years. Loyalty still exists in some places. It’s rare though unfortunately.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I looked at the 2023 order guide and they deleted it from copilot 360. The rear camera shows being equipped with parking grid lines only now. It used to say washer as well.

Where did you find that info? Dealer had no info about it. I am glad they are making it right. I’m so tired of the excuses and the removal of items without notice. It’s not just ford sadly. The credits they are giving out are a joke when they delete something.

Ford released it on Nov 22nd to dealers to clarify the delete and warranty will not pay for parts/labor to "fix" or "add" it.

At the original service appointment that was mentioned by the tech. They had to see if it would be covered. But then the service manager told me he ordered the parts and would make it right. I’m not sure how the reimbursement will be handled on their end. I have a wonderful small locally owned dealership. They have gone above and beyond for me many times over the years. Loyalty still exists in some places. It’s rare though unfortunately.

I have the same kind of dealership, that's why if the fix is known (what it missing and labor to expect), I'm pretty sure I can get them to do it free or very low cost.
If someone gets the parts and labor info, I'd love to get it!

Ford released it on Nov 22nd to dealers to clarify the delete and warranty will not pay for parts/labor to "fix" or "add" it.
That is unacceptable. It should have been disclosed when it was deleted. My vehicle wasn’t a stock purchase. It was ordered special.

That is unacceptable. It should have been disclosed when it was deleted. My vehicle wasn’t a stock purchase. It was ordered special.
I looked at the order guides (the last 4 versions going back to May of 2022) and none of them stated rear camera washer or anything of the sort in it.

I looked at the order guides (the last 4 versions going back to May of 2022) and none of them stated rear camera washer or anything of the sort in it.
Ok well I spoke to my service manager this afternoon and he said as soon as the parts come in they will get it fixed. So they must be willing to eat the cost. Like jive said my dealer is awesome. They are local to me here and I’ve bought other vehicles from them. I’m glad they are here and I will continue to be loyal to them. Thanks for the info though. The order guides I found listed the rear washer in the footnotes for the co pilot 360 features.

Ok well I spoke to my service manager this afternoon and he said as soon as the parts come in they will get it fixed. So they must be willing to eat the cost. Like jive said my dealer is awesome. They are local to me here and I’ve bought other vehicles from them. I’m glad they are here and I will continue to be loyal to them. Thanks for the info though. The order guides I found listed the rear washer in the footnotes for the co pilot 360 features.
That's a good news!

Like said before, if you can confirm the parts and labor work order, that would help me make a clear request to my dealer.

That's a good news!

Like said before, if you can confirm the parts and labor work order, that would help me make a clear request to my dealer.
Once I get it done and I have the work order in front of me I’ll share that info.

still waiting on parts guys. Haven’t forgot about you lol.

i have the same rear nozzle but no juice when i wash it :confused:

Your salesperson should have gone over the Explorer better with you and someone in service should have kept up on their messages they come up when you check the concern through Ford. Does the production date of your Explorer fall within the dates in the SSM? The date is on the door jamb decal.
SSM 51225 2022 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility And 2023 Aviator - Rear Parking Aid Camera Washer Deletion
2022 Police Interceptor Utility (gas engine) and all 2022 Explorer vehicles built on or after 14-Jul-2022, 2022 Police Interceptor Utility (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 17-Aug-2022, 2023 Aviator (gas engine) vehicles built on or after 18-Jul-2022, and 2023 Aviator (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 27-Jul-2022 are not equipped with a rear parking aid camera wash feature. The feature was deleted; however, the rear parking aid camera washer jet may still be present without a hose attached to it. This is normal and no repair attempts should be made.

Your salesperson should have gone over the Explorer better with you and someone in service should have kept up on their messages they come up when you check the concern through Ford. Does the production date of your Explorer fall within the dates in the SSM? The date is on the door jamb decal.
SSM 51225 2022 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility And 2023 Aviator - Rear Parking Aid Camera Washer Deletion
2022 Police Interceptor Utility (gas engine) and all 2022 Explorer vehicles built on or after 14-Jul-2022, 2022 Police Interceptor Utility (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 17-Aug-2022, 2023 Aviator (gas engine) vehicles built on or after 18-Jul-2022, and 2023 Aviator (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 27-Jul-2022 are not equipped with a rear parking aid camera wash feature. The feature was deleted; however, the rear parking aid camera washer jet may still be present without a hose attached to it. This is normal and no repair attempts should be made.
When I special ordered my explorer it had not been deleted yet. It was deleted between the time I ordered it and the time it was built. If you notice the ssm was released in November which was after my initial complaint about it not working.

That SSM was posted 11 days after my explorer went into the shop for the rear washer not working. My dealer reached out to the ford rep. Coincidence? Cmon.

Sounds like Ford. Offer a bunch of options the first year or two then start taking them away. Like the 1996 Taurus and Sable had a fancy sound system option with a subwoofer that year only. It was gone for 1997. Then they cut more and more off the options list. For 2000 they went so far as to remove rear disc brakes from the ABS option.

Whatever happened to adding value to improve sales?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your salesperson should have gone over the Explorer better with you and someone in service should have kept up on their messages they come up when you check the concern through Ford.............................................................
Ah yes, the perfect world. ;)

Peter

Back