22 limited rear camera washer not connected | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22 limited rear camera washer not connected

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this thread has turned on my OCD to get it connected now :laugh:

i could've used a few times last week with rain/salt etc...

this thread has turned on my OCD to get it connected now :laugh:

i could've used a few times last week with rain/salt etc...
Have you checked that the actual hookup is there? Since it is now a deleted item as of the 2022 model, perhaps the setup has changed.

Peter

Have you checked that the actual hookup is there? Since it is now a deleted item as of the 2022 model, perhaps the setup has changed.

Peter
i'll check, i hate having to pull panels and risk breaking off tabs or glued liners too.

Spoke with my service manager today. He has all the washer lines needed to get the camera hooked up. Still waiting for the rear seat hvac controls to show up before we take it in. Fingers crossed we get those controls before next winter lol. I’ll keep you posted as to parts used once we get those lines installed.

Spoke with my service manager today. He has all the washer lines needed to get the camera hooked up. Still waiting for the rear seat hvac controls to show up before we take it in. Fingers crossed we get those controls before next winter lol. I’ll keep you posted as to parts used once we get those lines installed.
i was curious if those are extra charges since it wasn't on the listed equipment?

@Deere2022 thanks! Looking forward to it!

i was curious if those are extra charges since it wasn't on the listed equipment?
Well according to the SSM ford won’t cover the parts or labor for it. However my dealer has told me not to worry about it.

Well according to the SSM ford won’t cover the parts or labor for it. However my dealer has told me not to worry about it.
So in fact this is not considered a 'fix' but rather a modification to the vehicle. That would mean that should the cause of any issue with the system be traced back to this mod, there would be no warranty coverage.

Peter

So in fact this is not considered a 'fix' but rather a modification to the vehicle. That would mean that should the cause of any issue with the system be traced back to this mod, there would be no warranty coverage.

Peter
I’m not concerned with any of that. The dealer I’m working with has taken care of me for years. They do what is right for the customer. Ford and many other manufacturers needs to get with the program. Stop screwing the customer. The tables are turning now. Have you seen what ford is doing to bronco buyers? They keep screwing folks over.

I’m not concerned with any of that. The dealer I’m working with has taken care of me for years. They do what is right for the customer. Ford and many other manufacturers needs to get with the program. Stop screwing the customer. The tables are turning now. Have you seen what ford is doing to bronco buyers? They keep screwing folks over.
I got the rear HAVAC controls installed on the last warranty visit. They are getting those in slowly.
I would also love to have the parts list for my 2022 explorer rear camera sprayer.

Hi,

I got this parts list from a French Canadian Facebook group I'm following.
1677598568688.png

Installation time: 2 hours, fully working.

I just provided that list to my local dealer, will see if I can get it working as well!

The list is for a 2023, I believe the 2022 already has the sprayer ("Gicleur") part installed (at least mine has it), will check with dealer.

I'll keep you posted.

Peter

Amazing- I’m adding this to my “to do warranty “ list. I’ve got a 2022 and didn’t even realize this was supposed to work. Thank You

Amazing- I’m adding this to my “to do warranty “ list. I’ve got a 2022 and didn’t even realize this was supposed to work. Thank You
Be aware ford released a bulletin to the dealers in November of 2022 that states this will not be covered by warranty and was deleted therefore no reimbursement will be made to add it to your vehicle.

SSM 51225 2022 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility And 2023 Aviator - Rear Parking Aid Camera Washer Deletion 2022 Police Interceptor Utility (gas engine) and all 2022 Explorer vehicles built on or after 14-Jul-2022, 2022 Police Interceptor Utility (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 17-Aug-2022, 2023 Aviator (gas engine) vehicles built on or after 18-Jul-2022, and 2023 Aviator (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 27-Jul-2022 are not equipped with a rear parking aid camera wash feature. The feature was deleted; however, the rear parking aid camera washer jet may still be present without a hose attached to it. This is normal and no repair attempts should be made.

Peter

SSM 51225 2022 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility And 2023 Aviator - Rear Parking Aid Camera Washer Deletion 2022 Police Interceptor Utility (gas engine) and all 2022 Explorer vehicles built on or after 14-Jul-2022, 2022 Police Interceptor Utility (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 17-Aug-2022, 2023 Aviator (gas engine) vehicles built on or after 18-Jul-2022, and 2023 Aviator (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 27-Jul-2022 are not equipped with a rear parking aid camera wash feature. The feature was deleted; however, the rear parking aid camera washer jet may still be present without a hose attached to it. This is normal and no repair attempts should be made.

Peter
Thanks Peter. My dealer has all the parts now. Still waiting for the hvac controls to have it all installed at the same time. Two days ago ford emailed me again apologizing for telling me the parts for the hvac was available. Now they say they aren’t available.

Sounds like Ford. Offer a bunch of options the first year or two then start taking them away. Like the 1996 Taurus and Sable had a fancy sound system option with a subwoofer that year only. It was gone for 1997. Then they cut more and more off the options list. For 2000 they went so far as to remove rear disc brakes from the ABS option.

Whatever happened to adding value to improve sales?
I worked for Ford for 35 years in Product Development at the Dearborn Engineering Center. I observed exactly what you are describing. It has to do with the bean counters more than anything. It is because they want to cut costs, and the pressure is always there. So, they remove value as the years go by.

Well my explorer won’t be getting the parts installed now. Over the weekend our garage caught fire, believed to be related to an old canning stove in there. So yeah it is a total loss. Along with my 2013 f150 super crew.
DF49E3B7-CD16-47B7-ACA7-9C6EC365DB67.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back