22 limited rear camera washer not connected | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22 limited rear camera washer not connected

Deere2022

Reaction score
City, State
Saunemin, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 explorer limited
So my wife goes to wash the rear view camera and gets no juice. Rear window washer works. But nothing from the camera washer. So I make an appointment with the dealer where we ordered the vehicle. Upon inspection they find there is no hose present for the washer on the camera. Then nozzle is there. But no hose. According to the dealer our vin doesn’t show it having that. Funny because according to the order guide it’s standard on all explorers as part of the co pilot 360 technology. So now they are in discussions with ford about how to make it right and get the dealership paid for the fix. It’s really sad what ford has become. I’ve been a ford customer since 1995. For four generation since my great grandpa Immigrated from Germany we have been driving fords. Really disappointing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So does that mean that when the rear washer was activated the portion meant to go to the camera just sprayed into the liftgate?
MIght have been the same shift that forgot to connect some of the moonroof drain tubes.

Peter

So does that mean that when the rear washer was activated the portion meant to go to the camera just sprayed into the liftgate?
MIght have been the same shift that forgot to connect some of the moonroof drain tubes.

Peter
According to the tech the hose just goes to the rear wiper nozzle. So my guess is ford deleted yet another option without telling anyone.

I’m browsing the ford parts pages and found that some of the hoses stopped being used on 7-11-22. Mine was built in august.

I’m browsing the ford parts pages and found that some of the hoses stopped being used on 7-11-22. Mine was built in august.
It has been deleted from all 2023 Broncos according to Ford Authority but I haven't found anything on the Explorer.

Peter

It has been deleted from all 2023 Broncos according to Ford Authority but I haven't found anything on the Explorer.

Peter
I’ll be shocked if the ford rep doesn’t come up with a memo claiming it was deleted on 7-11-22 in order to expedite production.

Spoke with my dealer. Parts are ordered. No questions asked. So glad I have a good dealership and very helpful service manager.

I noticed ours wasnt working either. Havent looked into it but I suspect this is the same problem, we have a 22 limited as well. Where would I check to see if the hose is there? Would I need to remove trim panels inside or is it accessable from the outside? I can add my own tubing if its easy. If not would you mind sharing the part numbers?

I noticed ours wasnt working either. Havent looked into it but I suspect this is the same problem, we have a 22 limited as well. Where would I check to see if the hose is there? Would I need to remove trim panels inside or is it accessable from the outside? I can add my own tubing if its easy. If not would you mind sharing the part numbers?
It’s all under the trim panels. Once I get it done and have the correct part numbers I’ll pass along the info. This info I found on ford parts website. I was told they are not backordered for the dealer. They had them at the warehouse.

1C903D80-EC25-402F-9110-10A61A441390.jpeg 8973258A-FFD5-43DB-BD41-2FF8724EA35B.png 93979435-CFAF-42B6-8FBE-0AF65DBE3E9F.png

Thanks for the info. Ours is going in for another minor servicing soon so maybe I'll play dumb and ask them to look into it as well since the car is only 2 months old.

They eliminated the front and rear camera washers a long time ago!

They eliminated the front and rear camera washers a long time ago!
The front camera was deleted. The rear camera still shows as part of co pilot 350 on all explorer models. I double checked the order guide that ford puts out to dealers before I went to my dealer to complain. The rear nozzle is still there. The front nozzle is gone.

@Deere2022 Is the fix completed for the rear camera washer? Looking for the same solution on mine.

Thanks

The front camera was deleted. The rear camera still shows as part of co pilot 350 on all explorer models. I double checked the order guide that ford puts out to dealers before I went to my dealer to complain. The rear nozzle is still there. The front nozzle is gone.
The rear washer was deleted on all retail 2022 Explorers built after July 18, 2022.

Peter

The rear washer was deleted on all retail 2022 Explorers built after July 18, 2022.

Peter
Where did you find that info? Dealer had no info about it. I am glad they are making it right. I’m so tired of the excuses and the removal of items without notice. It’s not just ford sadly. The credits they are giving out are a joke when they delete something.

Where did you find that info? Dealer had no info about it. I am glad they are making it right. I’m so tired of the excuses and the removal of items without notice. It’s not just ford sadly. The credits they are giving out are a joke when they delete something.
I hope I'll be able to make it add somehow as well, please update with the parts and labor efforts when you can.

I have the nozzle on mine, but haven’t tried using it. I had this on my Flex and it leaked and stained the headliner so I probably won’t use it. Had it and didn’t use it on my Bronco Sport also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was posted by member blwnsmoke. I don't know where he found it but that would explain why your dealer said that your VIN doesn't show your Explorer having it. Another mid-cycle deletion. It also makes me wonder if your dealer will be reimbursed for the parts/labour.

Peter

Back