255/75/17 with a TT and shackles? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

255/75/17 with a TT and shackles?

IMAG0203.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What primer did you use?

Are we still going to see results tonight?

I've been trying to convince myself to paint my stock wheels black but can't bring myself to do it.

pictures dont do it justice. wait till you see with my DSLR and natural daylight. I am extremely pleased.

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

also, added a snap on tonneau cover. which sucks

I'm liking where this is going :thumbsup:
Gonna look good with some meats on em. Have you decided on the BFGs? I think they'll look pretty good.

im thinking of going with a 32.7" BFG All terrain instead.

the 285/75? Go for it :D

IMG_4401.jpg

wow looks awesome. im gettin those tires today.

Jackpot! chalk one up for Team BFG A/T! :thumbsup: haha I'm ready to see what theyll look like on your wheels!

LONO100 said:
sick! my vote on treads are the duratracs or cooper MT's!

I really like the tread and the sidewall pattern of the Cooper Discoverer STT's, brianjwilson's old ST had them and his truck was really one of the first trac's to inspire me to lift mine. :D

1219a.jpg

These are what Lono and I have on our Trac's...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Haha youre gonna make me mad, I waiited like a month or more on that stupid Body Lift to ship so I could put these tires on! Haha when i could have gone ahead and put them on and then did the body lift later. Idk I probably never would have gotten around to doing it if it werent for the tires. and another thing is i dont have shackles. lol

heres a quick pic - decided to go with 32" at the request of my tire guy. shoulda went 33 (damnit) oh well. it looks nice.

31047910150851729130644.jpg

also, nav install finished.

31439310150852705400644.jpg

Damn, looks really good man. Now I know what mine will look like with blacked out headlights and markers. I've been wanting to do that to mine for years now, just never got around to doing the project or ordering a set. Now I'm gonna have to.

What kind of tires are those, the tread looks like Genral Grabber AT2's but the sidewall cleets suggest the BFG AT/ KO's.

Yeah they look like the KO's. 265?
And did you put the HID's in?

Lono, those are Edge wheels.

Here's what the ST's XLT wheels look like painted black...

picture.php

Genral Grabber AT2 are what i have on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes, i have hids installed as well

Back