2nd gen leather seats in a 1st gen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd gen leather seats in a 1st gen?

Spl Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
I looked around a little but couldn’t find anything. I found a guy on cragslist parting out his 2nd gen explorer and he says he has leather seats in good condition. I was wondering if these would bolt right up to my seats on my 94 xlt? I don’t care if it has power seats. As long as I can get them to recline and stuff. Has anyone done this before? I just wanna find out asap before there gone.

Thanks! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took seats out of a 94 ranger and put in my explorer. I just used my current seat brackets.

You will just have to see if the 2nd gen seat brackets will work too. If not just swap them.

Uh im not sure how that would work but check your brackets and mounting points.

If it all checks out i would swap them too. I have grey and tan (front grey/rear tan) and i wished mine matched.

...Check out Cybergasm's 91 X..

...He has second gen leather seats and he would also be able to answer your seat question's...

...I found his thread for you...Post #8 shows a pic but he will have some answers for your questions...His seats are from a 98 Mounty...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193915

Hellz yeah mayne. Thanx! The 2nd gen seats look bad ass in the 1st gen. I just talked to the guy. I might go pick them up tomorrow for $150 for both. I haven’t seen them but he says there the EB leather seats in perfect condition. Does anyone know if the center council will fit right up also. Might have to get that also.

Everything was a straight bolt over. I did put on the brackets from my old seats. Didn’t feel like messin with the electric wiring. :roll:

l_f47f9b6e1746451ea3b4a9c2d0faabac.png

Back