Has anyone installed 2nd gen seats in a 1st gen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone installed 2nd gen seats in a 1st gen?

3car

Reaction score
City, State
crystal river, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
92' xlt
???

I found a nice set of seats, but I was curious to see if anyone here has done the swap before, and find out whats involved. :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes

4 doors will bolt into 4 doors
2 doors will botl into 2 doors.

Worst case = you switch seat tracks rom your seats to the new ones.
I have 99 buckets in my 88 BII (same as 2 door explorer)

while were on this 410 when you did your heated seats did you take all the wirring from the 99 and just put the switches some where? as for them being power do you just have to run a power and ground?...sorry about the hijack

hahah dam i saw that back when and i didnt think of it...... :eek:

Yea with little to no problems, I did this in my 94 , I have pictures if you want to see how they look.

4 doors will fit in 2 doors, only problem is they dont retract like 2 door seats. hehe.

Its actually kinda nice, forces people to get in on the passenger-side. But thats just the lazy side of me talking haha

What about Rear seats? I have the 50/50 rear seats can I put a 60/40 in?

50/50 rear seats? didnt know they existed on a 1st gen X. Odds are, if they are 50/50 and you want to go 60/40 the mounting holes will be different, because of the split.

sn0border88 said:
50/50 rear seats? didnt know they existed on a 1st gen X.

Every 1st gen I've seen except 1 had 50/50 rear seats (!)

50/50 in sports? or just first gen ingenral? my first gen xlt has 60/40

My 1st gen with 50/50 is a sport. Every passenger I have complains about geting their finger pinched unbuckling the seatbelts. I need to teach each new person how to get out of them without hurting themself!

For 1st gens....All sports have 50/50. All XLT, limted, & EB have 60/40 rears.

Hm that must be, because I've mostly seen Sports...and they all had 50/50's. The 1 that was 60/40 was indeed a 93 XLT...

that explains it, come to think of it ive never been in a sport.

sn0border88 said:
that explains it, come to think of it ive never been in a sport.

You had a deprived childhood then... :D

ya he has. that all i drive is a 94 sport and just pulled the 50/50 out of 00 expl sport and put in 94 bolted right in. and now looking for a power drier seat and newer passenger seat power or no.

sport seats were the same 91-01 they are interchange-able :) this is how I have a mocha leather 50/50 rear seat to match my 98 eddie bauers...too bad I have a 35" tire sitting there instead!!! LOL the sport rear seats also BOLT into a BII

91 XL with the 60/40 here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back