2nd Gen Limited Rear Bumper

new_age

Reaction score
City, State
Olathe, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Limited
Hey All,

I have a 96 explorer limited, in black. I already searched for this, and couldn't find what I was looking for...

My rear bumper sags on the passenger side, and the plastic trim is falling off. I have been trying to find a solution for this, and havent been able to find a good one.

The options I have found, a) New Stock Bumper. b) Custom Tube Bumper

Both those options are very expensive, and I know you guys probably have some better options, and I would like to hear them.

If any of you have the plastic trim from the limited bumper, I would be interested in buying that. If I could get this, I could find a way to jack the bumper back up on the passenger side. Also, a new/used black bumper would work great if the price was right.

Any ideas you guys might have will me much appreciated!

-Matt

i can suggest two things for you. first for you plastic trim, you can either use two sided tape to put it back on (i think your talking about the lower plastic trim part), or use some urethane on the back side of the the plastic, then tape it in place so it can dry for a few hours. as for the sagging part, try backing the bolts off on both sides and re-aligning it. if that will not work, get the side the is good in place, tighten the blots down real hard, then loosen off the bad side, and jack it up into place, then tighten that side down. hope that helps for you, and welcome to our site. your going to find lots of very helpful, and friendly people here. as well as, you would be very amazed at what you can do with your truck from this site. i know i was!

Back