• Register Today It's free!

2nd Gen (limited) console swap

Glowin97x

Reaction score
City, State
LA / San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 sport
does anyone know if a 2nd gen limited ed. console (just the part with the cupholders side by side and the ash tray) will fit into a 2nd gen console (the part with the staggered cupholders and the little verticle pocket)? I dont want to swap the top part (with the large pockets) just the bottom. Think itd work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They should fit perfectly. It doesn't have to be from a Limited models. If you're intending to just replace the cupholders but not the message center, then you can get one from any '95-'96 Explorers.

the only problem is i specifically want the one with the two cupholders right next to eachother with the ash tray in it. Its going into a sport too if that makes any difference. Mine looks shorter maybe or something. Theres no ash tray or anything do all 95-97's have them in the figure 8 style cup holders?

what mine looks like now: (but not painted)
1264explorer_02930.jpg

what i want:
attachment.jpg

i might have the piece you need in my garage, as far as i know it fits right in too

yes it fit's right in

id rather have the standard cup holders, i dont even smoke and u can only fit one drink with the side by side one

Back